Tales from The Shire

Comments

• How I wish this was me too...

I only hope it lasts DIA :rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey.
    I was just thinking about you.
    Glad all is well & dog settling in.
    Hope you get a sitter soon & the training goes well.

Thanks Beanie. I'm sure everything will get sorted soon.
    Would the trainer know of a dog sitter?

I'll definitely ask when I see him INOD. I'm asking everyone I see :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Well that was an exhausting day. We rearranged the annex to make room for all the garage stuff from the out building. Heavy work and it took all day. The outbuilding is almost clear now though. Just a few more wheelbarrow's worth I can manage on my own if needed whilst Mr F is away. He's packing now :(

Supper was Smoked Haddock Gratin with chips :o I'd run out of energy to do anything more gourmet to have with it :rotfl: Followed by Banoffee No-Churn Ice Cream. Another of my favorite recipes for using up sulky bananas. The recipe is so simple, makes loads and it's deeeeelicious. I made it a few days ago but felt like we'd earned a pudding today :D

I bought a few things in from the annex for Baying so will list those tomorrow. I'm not planning to do anything too physical... I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to move by the morning :rotfl:

Off to bed again soon. I know how to spend a Saturday night :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I am going after causalty :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Aw, sorry Mr Fortune's off today - you sound like you've got the time well planned for, I hope it all goes okay. Take yourself out for the odd cuppa coffee, its allowed :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou wrote: »
    I am going after causalty :rotfl:

For a moment there Beanie I thought you meant you were off to A&E :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Karmacat wrote: »
    Aw, sorry Mr Fortune's off today - you sound like you've got the time well planned for, I hope it all goes okay. Take yourself out for the odd cuppa coffee, its allowed :)

I will take your advice Karma... might have started already :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • It was an early start to see Mr F off this morning - I was walking FDawg before the sun came up :eek: I made it a long, active walk to wear him out a bit and it must have worked as he was still very sleepy at lunchtime when we usually go out for a trip round the bay.

Freed me up for a very lazy morning. I lit the fire, caught up on some TV and scoffed the remaining ice cream :D

I've not done much this afternoon either - just a bit of vacuuming and replenishing of log baskets. I did manage to get a couple more items on the Bay though. I'm up to about £80 which is brilliant as FDawg has his first vet visit this month and I hadn't budgeted for that :o

FDawg has flopped himself down on the living room floor for a nap :T - I must have really tired him out this morning. He finds it very difficult to settle unless on a lead so I'm taking the opportunity of a quiet house to let him pace around and quieten down of his own accord. I think this is the first time he's managed it :T

Another long walk is planned later and a lazy evening doing nothing :D

Ooops - spoke too soon, he's up again :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • I bet fdawg is great company for you when me F is away.
    And those lovely long walks you just have to take..
    Have a lovely relaxing evening.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your relaxing evening :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I bet fdawg is great company for you when me F is away.
    And those lovely long walks you just have to take..
    Have a lovely relaxing evening.

He's getting there Wishing - he's more like a toddler than a companion at the moment. Yesterday, he stole my purse from my handbag and put it in his bed :eek: Maybe he is an MS dog and was trying to stop me spending :rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your relaxing evening :)

Thank you Beanie. The house needs cosying up a bit still but the log burner really helps.

Fortune x
  • Yes that's me :o All to budget and to plan though :)

I went to WI on Monday and there was another new person there who has also just moved to the Shire. We have agreed to meet up for coffee and she may be able to help me out with dog sitting too :T I spent £1 on a raffle ticket and won a beautiful orange begonia. New friend bought me a glass of wine so no other spends :)

I pooled all my budget savings and sales money to buy some household items in the Laura A$hl£y sale - a rug and curtains for our bedroom and a storage basket. The rug and curtains were half price and I used a £10 off code too. Went through TCB but don't know whether that will track due to using the extra code.

So a few more items off the needs/wants list and the bedroom should feel cosier now. It's the least inviting room in the house at the moment so it will be nice to hygge it up before the winter arrives. I'm so pleased I'm managing to progress things despite having a tighter budget than usual.

I have 9 Bay of E items ending today of which 4 have bids and I'm still aiming to list another 2 things a day. We have some J0hn L£wi$ vouchers coming soon and I'd like to be able to add to those to get Mr F a shaving mirror for the bathroom.

I've had to go out this morning to walk FDawg but will be avoiding this grey, drizzly weather as much as possible today. Plenty of dusting to be done inside :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have a great Wednesday all

Fortune x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback