Playstation 4 Virtual Reality

Options
1235»

Comments

• Jamiesmum
    Options
    Bought one on release date, it is really something else, it's amazing to experience. You step into another world. It's been such a laugh with family and friends so far but as with most things novelty will no doubt wear off and whilst I now know lots of people who have bought / preordered another one because they have tried it out, idk if it's something they will use every day.
    I think it needs to be used personally because words can't quite explain it. In my opinion well worth the £350. Already had all the accessories though. It's really comfortable you look like a div wearing it but during any game play you just don't care. It's not heavy and it's easy too wear.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I tried it earlier in work, £2 for 15 mins Children in Need and played Rush of Blood. I was very impressed with it, so in your face. I will be getting one and just hope it does not die out like Kinect.

I was at first a bit I don't know, but trying it is a must.

I will be waiting until after Xmas to check prices.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I definitely agree trying it is a must as it's just not something you can get the feel of by watching footage of it.

There's a lot of comparisons between VR and stillborn technologies like 3D and Kinect but I think VR has a better chance of survival, I've shown VR to a range of people and everyone has been amazed by it. It's much more than a gaming technology as it can be amazing for other experiences, Google released Google Earth for the Vive and hopefully shortly for other VR platforms as it's absolutely amazing in VR.

John
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    I definitely agree trying it is a must as it's just not something you can get the feel of by watching footage of it.

There's a lot of comparisons between VR and stillborn technologies like 3D and Kinect but I think VR has a better chance of survival, I've shown VR to a range of people and everyone has been amazed by it. It's much more than a gaming technology as it can be amazing for other experiences, Google released Google Earth for the Vive and hopefully shortly for other VR platforms as it's absolutely amazing in VR.

John
    It won't take off while it's very expensive. If the price comes down by a lot then maybe.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It won't take off while it's very expensive. If the price comes down by a lot then maybe.

Well yes...that's really stating the obvious and that's the same with just about every new technology hence why I said I hope it does survive. For a first generation technology (in terms of this type of VR, not the older mostly unrelated VR systems) the Rift, Vive and PS VR have all done pretty well despite their extremely high cost of entry and the mobile systems such as Gear VR which offer a more affordable stab at VR have also done pretty well.

John
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    What are psvr selling for now on the secondary market?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport