stakeholder pension advice please

I would like to open a stakeholder pension for my daughter but would like to know.....can I open it for her or does the person have to do it themselves....she is aged 28?
Is there a salary cut off above which you can't have a stakeholder pension....she earns over £50,000 but has no company scheme ? She does have lots of other investments but has changed job a lot and is never there long enough to go into the pension

I know she should have a pension on her salary and ,yes she should do it herself...but she hasn't and isn't likely to
I'd be grateful for any advice
Wombling £457.41

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    She has to sign the application. Money laundering verification requirements would need to be done on her as well. Its only minors where you can sign on their behalf

£50k with no occ scheme and age 28 would most likely favour personal pension than stakeholder but it really depends on the amount being paid in.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure