Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers

Comments

• I am in exactly the same position.
    I got insurance on go compare they called me back, because my job tutle was wrong it went up by £300.
    So i was like no i will just cancel it then! He then said i have to pay £65 cancelation fee! I was like i ain't even took it out yet!
    Then i said well i will check myself!
    I did a new quote and it come up cheaper then my original one so they are now trying to say its not right, it should'nt be like that!
    So im like why is it showing on YOUR own website then!
    They just kept saying im wrong im wrong! in the end i had to put the phone because i was so angry!
    I didnt even get a confirmation about my original quote so for all i know im driving to work with no insurance!
    Now calm today i call them they take 15 minutes to answer! the superviser Bradley is on his lunch he will call me back! 4 hours later he still hasn't!
    This company is a joke and why should they be allowed to run a business like this! this stuped country lets it happen!
    Has anyone had any luck?

Thanks
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What job title did you declare, what job title have they decided is correct and what job do you actually do?
  • Bought insurance with rcib this march as it showed up cheapest on confused.com and appealed to me with being a student. My insurance would be a deposit and then 8 months of payments thereafter. I decided to get a new car just after paying my payments in full. Rung rcib who said i would have to start a brand new policy as i would have to go fully comp they then said to change my car would be from just over 800 to 1200 which after already enquiring with a well known firm who i could get 840 with i decided to cancel. They then tried to charge me even though id payed my full amount and i also have to send a cancellation letter was rung the following morning asking for it over email which meant i had to mess about scanning signatures and emailing this letter. Had previous trouble teying to speak to them on phone being put on hold for over half an hour each time. Never again :mad:
  • I recently purchased a policy today for £630, to cut a long story short my current insurer brought my price down by £100 so i decided to stick with them, when call rcib back to cancel i was informed of a £50+ cancellation fee which i thought was horrendus as the policy wasn't due to start until January i was told to e-mail richardhudson@rcib.co.uk but deep down knew that wouldn't get me anywere, i cancelled but then called back a hour later as my blood was still boiling, i read this forum and thought i'd give it a go threatening them with FSA, FSO and i wouldn't leave until i spoke to a manager, i coinsidently came through to the same person i originally spoke to after a rant he popped me on hold, after a couple minutes he said his manager wasn't available until 11am so agreed to waive the cancellation charge. This company are serious crooks with it seems zero underwriting its like they literally pick and choose what they want, i want to thank everyone on here for there replies as without that i probably would've left those thieves to take my money. NEVER GO WITH RCIB you've been warned
  • Hi there,

THEIFS!!!!!!

Me and my mum had gone through the process of finding insurance for our new car which we share. we found a relevant quote with the company RCIB which is an insurance broker. we proceeded to purchase the quote online and put in our bank details immediately as soon as our bank details had been completed and submitted and payment was taken and a screen came up saying they would contact us to CONFIRM THE QUOTE. it also stated that there was no insurance in place until they had contact us. The insurance wasn't due to come into force until 07.01.2013

because of lack of time i called them instead so we could get it all settled and out of the way before new year!

I was horrified when i called them that they said we could not use the new claims earned because it was earned on a different car (i had never heard of this before does that mean when ever you get a new car you lose your no claims?) the man on the phone was rude unprofessional and not helpful at all because he said we couldn't use our no claims the quote increased in thousands of pounds. I immediately at this point caught on this was a scam and asked for a refund! they advised they would charge us a cancellation fee of 65 pounds my obvious reply was "for what??????" there hasn't be anything confirmed yet that's why we are on the phone!!! and the gentleman was determined that he was charging this cancellation fee. I reminded him that what it said on there website was THEY WOULD CONTACT US TO CONFIRM THE QUOTE AND NO INSURANCE WAS IN PLACE UNTIL THEY CALLED U ! i also reminded him that this was on the 28th of December and we didn't quote for the insurance to start until the 07th of Jan,

i then said i wasn't saying anymore till i had taken some advise. he then said he wanted to know what to do with deposit and i said i wanted it back in full and he said he wanted me to confirm i wanted a refund less there cancellation fee!! which to me was trying to get me to accept the cancellation fee which i have not done....

i came off the phone and was horrified to further find this post

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLESE
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    l18amd wrote: »
    Hi there,

THEIFS!!!!!!

Me and my mum had gone through the process of finding insurance for our new car which we share. we found a relevant quote with the company RCIB which is an insurance broker. we proceeded to purchase the quote online and put in our bank details immediately as soon as our bank details had been completed and submitted and payment was taken and a screen came up saying they would contact us to CONFIRM THE QUOTE. it also stated that there was no insurance in place until they had contact us. The insurance wasn't due to come into force until 07.01.2013

because of lack of time i called them instead so we could get it all settled and out of the way before new year!

I was horrified when i called them that they said we could not use the new claims earned because it was earned on a different car (i had never heard of this before does that mean when ever you get a new car you lose your no claims?) the man on the phone was rude unprofessional and not helpful at all because he said we couldn't use our no claims the quote increased in thousands of pounds. I immediately at this point caught on this was a scam and asked for a refund! they advised they would charge us a cancellation fee of 65 pounds my obvious reply was "for what??????" there hasn't be anything confirmed yet that's why we are on the phone!!! and the gentleman was determined that he was charging this cancellation fee. I reminded him that what it said on there website was THEY WOULD CONTACT US TO CONFIRM THE QUOTE AND NO INSURANCE WAS IN PLACE UNTIL THEY CALLED U ! i also reminded him that this was on the 28th of December and we didn't quote for the insurance to start until the 07th of Jan,

i then said i wasn't saying anymore till i had taken some advise. he then said he wanted to know what to do with deposit and i said i wanted it back in full and he said he wanted me to confirm i wanted a refund less there cancellation fee!! which to me was trying to get me to accept the cancellation fee which i have not done....

i came off the phone and was horrified to further find this post

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLESE

How many cars does your mother own?

How many insurances does she have?
  • old_fruit
    old_fruit Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 8 January 2013 at 7:09AM
    much the same as others comments above - found cheap quote through price comparison site. PAID IN FULL ANNUAL PREMIUM then given a screen which stated 'your insurance not valid until we've spoken to you' .... their employee called and started questioning me about 'an alarm i had fitted to my vehicle'? (first I knew about it) when I corrected them and said I didnt have an alarm on the car and never stated I had or had fitted an alarm, I was then told in that case my insurance would be another £200 - but not to worry i could pay the extra in one months time!! I declined the insurance at that point knowing that I had 14 days cooling off period, however they had already taken the annual payment and are now saying that it will be 3 working days before they can refund!!
    Something else I noticed was that when they called me the call was from a mobile number, the operative sounded very unprofessional - calling me 'mate' - all in all I feel very uneasy about this. I will post again hopefully letting you know I have received my full refund. Otherwise its the FSA and I will also contact ALL of the price comparison websites.

additional information:
    Just a reassurance to anyone who finds themselves in the same position as myself, that is having the insurance premium payment taken before the insurance is verified, they HAVE refunded the payment to me - quite promptly too, though I did tell them that if it wasn't a prompt refund I would be contacting the financial ombudsman and ALL of the price comparison websites, pointing out their bad business practices.
  • This bunch of crooks need to be stopped!! They are exactly the disgrace that gives insurance a bad name!! I have contacted FSA today regarding advice and they were amazing. Im a little more confident now but won't put it behind me until my money is refunded in full. It would have all gone un-noticed if I didn't need an urgent cover note to tax my car.... They are rude, ruthless theives. Although, I'd love to sit around all day getting paid for ignoring phones and occasionally answering them to give nothing less than abuse to innocent consumers. Im thankful to realise now before i'd paid them hundreds or god forbid needed to claim! Follow through on FOS complaints though guys, its the only way to stop these muppets :) x
  • i wouldnt reccommend RCIB at all! horrible londoners who have about 5 different companies they deal with- i had an email with the propasal forms ect and there was one for RCIB insurance brokers, one for premium credit and one for sabre car insurance?! confused much?! going with a more reputable company where you pay a little more is much better than going with a crappy little company who are rude and have stupid bloody fees to pay. WHAT A JOKE
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    soozalish wrote: »
    i had an email with the propasal forms ect and there was one for RCIB insurance brokers, one for premium credit and one for sabre car insurance?! confused much?!
    To be fair, one is the insurer, one is the broker and one is the finance company. That's fairly normal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback