Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Comments

• Fame was good but lunch before hand was ok - not worth the money.

Kids were at Badminton club today so I was able to go shopping for new work trousers for starting back next week. Made overpayment to the mortgage this month of £140.

Tomorrow we (all four of us) are going in by train to Glasgow for lunch at a different place and then to the theatre to see Madagascar. I hope it will be good.

Thursday morning need to go to get sons school shoes as well as there gym shoes. Also need to get my m7m a birthday present sometime. On Saturday hubbie is going to drive a fancy car and we are watch - been told it will be boring for us so may get the kids to take their ds and innotab. On Sunday daughter is going to the European gymnastics all day with grandpa in Glasgow - not sure what our plans are.
  • Yesterday was a busy and great day. We headed into Glasgow by train, had lunch in a lovely Italian restaurant which was fairly reasonable, then headed to the theatre to see Madagascar which was fantastic. As it was dry we walked down to George square to the European championship celebrations there. It was good to see 5he 3vents on the big screen as well as a bit of entertainment. Then we saw all the trailaathon teams from all the countries marched passed us onto the stage - it was the opening ceremony. Headed back home about 7pm by train. Great day out. Kids got a small Bobbie 5he seal mascot bought for them.

Today going to buy school shoes for son and indoor gym shoes. Tomorrow kids are going to thei4 friends house 8n the afternoon so I can go and try to buy my mum birthday present whilst I’m child free.

Juggling money a bit this month as credit card was over £1300. I know there were a few bit items on it but will need to try to reign this in as we have bought all final big items for the house now. I want it to go back to a normal level next statement. Time will tell.
  • Had quote back for garden works. A bit more than I expected but got the money there as it the money I got from my mum. Just waiting for the guy to confirm drainage it being put in for this set price as well as what is the start date.
  • Been busy over this weekend. Yesterday took our picnic and drove to the place for hubbie to do his super car experience - as it was about 70mins to get their. Anyway he enjoyed it and we stood around waiting for him. It lasted 2hrs but it was mainly queuing time. Headed back home and friends over for a pizza diner.

Today I went for a food shop and then hit the shops for my mums birthday prestnt. Daughter is away with grandpa to the gymnastics at the Glasgow hydro -will see what time she gets back and I’m sure she will have enjoyed herself.

No real plans for Monday. Tuesday is my last day of holiday as back to school on Wednesday for me. Tuesday - son getting his school haircut and then going to the words lady and then after lunch at home there friends are coming over.
  • Last Monday we visited Glasgow to go to the European championship souvenir tent for daughter to get the t-shirt she wanted with her
    own money. It was half price as they had finished and son got a cap and hubbie got a t-shirt half peice to so everyone happy.

Well my 3 days back at school just. First day of school for the kids on Thursday was maniac for me. Kids love their new teachers.

Yesterday daughter went to a roller skating party and I was helping out. I got to roller skate also brought me back to being a teenager and going round the street with my roller boots. Son also had a party went to pictures and then back to friends house for a play. Today just food shopping and new pictures being put up in the kitchen.

Can't wait until I get my wages on Thursday as i feel like I'm struggling as it's been a tight month. Im putting money away for a few different things as well as paid off the big credit card in full which was high and also aying part of the 0% credit card. Need to sort it out better next month so I don't stress as much but it looks like main cc will back to £500 again so fingers crossed it's manageable. Got September holiday still to pay at end of August.
  • Well logged into our online to see the mortgage balance and it's £104006.71. I'm happy the balance is coming down as last August when we got the extra funds for our extension the mortgage was £118000, just need to keep plodding along and see what the balance is at xhristmas, which is fast approaching.
  • Well last Saturday was the local flower show and the kids put entering in. Daughter put in 7 craft eateries and won the shield for her category for over 9yrs. Son put in a few eateries and got 1st and 2nd so he got a certificate for runner up in the smaller kids category. My mum won the cup for formal art And I got 1st, 2nd and 3rd for my baking. Good day all round.

It came to light that our neighbour is getting lots of garden and house work done by our builder but our boundary wall is very unstable so he gave us a quote for this - it needs done but he also said he could do our other garden works for cheaper that the other gardener guy who has not come back to give us a date yet. Anyway our builder started both our garden works and next door neighbour on Monday there so the old shed is away - one of the guys took it apart carefully as it going to his mums garden - glad it’s still ok to use for someone. Also the old slabs are uplift and we have a deep hole for where the founds are going for the new part of the boundary wall.

Once boundary wall is done they are going to monoblock part of the grass and put down some artificial grass for kids to play on. Hopefully all will be done by end of next week but garden in a state. Only wish I was able to use my whirelie as it been dry but that’s life.

Got the front lawn turf on Wednesday so need to water every night. Bye for now
  • No work done on garden Thursday or Friday but they did a bit of work today in the boundary wall so hopefully things will no e along this week.

Front turf is coming on well and don't need to water today as it was raining most of the day today. Was at a spa day in a hotel in glasgow this morning and then a nice lunch with hubbie.
  • Done finances and only able to do a small overpayment as well as a reduced amount to savings since we have several trips to pay for for our daughter to scouts and school.

I hope I have rejuggled the figure correctly so I feel it not another tight month.
  • Well managed to put a bit in the savings last Tuesday to build back up the savings again. Today we are off to the next village for the scarecrow events - should be good as craft fair, farmers market, cafe and the walk about to see the scarecrows. Just hope it stays dry most of the day.

Daughter who is 11 came in the other day to see that a big group of the p7 kids are meeting up at the park, now it’s moved onto 5he local bowling and then over to McDonald’s. She is going but had a long group chat with the mums and all say we need to try to release the reins on them. So need to come back from scarecrow event about 3.30pm to head to the bowling for daughter.

Tomorrow we are going to a trampoline party for nephew in the afternoon and then to friends house who hubbie is moving to America next weekend for work. His wife will join him later after having an operation. Busy weekend.

Next week I have only to work 2 days as off Friday and we are going for our usual September weekend trip to Largs. I hope it stays dry.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback