tax credits

Hello CAB rep

I want to enquire about our status for child and working tax credits

Brief intro

My wife is french national working 16 hours a week on nat min wage started in oct 2012.
I am working in shell garage 19 hours a week and occassionly 1 or max 2 shifts of 8 hours a week including 19 hours started this month am non eu national applied for residence card last month

We recently moved to uk 6 months back initially we were living on our savings but now savings ended.
We have 2 kids 2 year old and 4months old

I am doctor by profession and currently in process of GMC registration so have plan of taking tax credits for temporary purpose till i get into my profession.

Would it be possible to get tax credits as we are new here hence no NI contributions
Secondly does it have any effect on my residence card application
And are we eligible for local housing allowance as we are in private renting property?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• CAB_Birmingham_representative
    CAB_Birmingham_representative Posts: 89 Organisation Representative
    Thank you for your e-mail

Having discussed this within our benefit team there are a number of issues that we felt may need clarifying in order to assess your entitlemnt to benefits.

It was felt that if you could contact us directly either by accessing your local Bureau and possibly their walk-in service or through our telephone advice line no 08444 77 10 10 we would be able to do this and provide both a full benefit check and assess whether there are any other issues you may also need support with regarding your future work and residency in the U.K.

Kind regards

Birmingham CAB
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure