I really really want to be........mortgage free!

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's lovely hearing about your trip occ, enjoy the rest of your time there.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Today was not a NSD, definately not.

As long as you enjoy your holiday. This is why we scrimp for, save in something and spend on other things.

That's what my day was like too, got new deal on mortgage, even lower rate than I'm on at the moment, unlimited OPs and impressed customer services bloke saying he'd never spent less time with client arranging a new deal. Well, I've spent three months looking at the measly options I have to remortgage, so guess I was well prepared. After that promptly went and spent money in ebay as they had 20% off for over £20 purchases (bought things I have had on my "need to get"-list for a while only though) and also bought myself a treat I have been drooling after for months. Back to normal now although counting how many pennies I could have saved on mortgage instead of buying those things...but I know all in all I'm pretty good with money so hey-ho occasional spend.. :)
  • As long as you enjoy your holiday. This is why we scrimp for, save in something and spend on other things.

That's what my day was like too, got new deal on mortgage, even lower rate than I'm on at the moment, unlimited OPs and impressed customer services bloke saying he'd never spent less time with client arranging a new deal. Well, I've spent three months looking at the measly options I have to remortgage, so guess I was well prepared. After that promptly went and spent money in ebay as they had 20% off for over £20 purchases (bought things I have had on my "need to get"-list for a while only though) and also bought myself a treat I have been drooling after for months. Back to normal now although counting how many pennies I could have saved on mortgage instead of buying those things...but I know all in all I'm pretty good with money so hey-ho occasional spend.. :)

That's fantastic news about mortgage deal :)

Almost a NSD, walked up to market and spent just under £5 and brought

1 aubergine
    1 cucumber
    1 bag of mushrooms small
    1kg salad potatoes
    1 large loaf style cake
    1 blueberry bun
    2 large bags of crisps
    4 random small bags of crisps
    2 large French sticks
    1 pack of breadsticks
    6 oranges
    8 corn on the cobs

Bargain
  • Excellent, sounds like you hit the jackpot with your shopping! I have colleagues who spend more than £5 a day on takeaway coffees....me, the free office instant.. But just goes to show what you can get for £5 if you spend it wisely..
  • Off on a jet plane to Bangkok this afternoon, a bit of work to do this morning prior to going. Did speak to some friends from Jakarta about working there too.

Actually looking forward to bkk. Will be working for a couple of days getting 2016 designs started which is always exciting :). It will be hot and poluted though on the downside :(

Miniocc will go with my parents to bkk zoo and aquarium, I really want to go to bkk zoo as it's supposed to be fantastic and very animal friendly but it's work for me :(

Will do monthly update when I get back I think. As it will be easier.

Over and out!
  • In Bangkok. Must get up soon for work.

Just looked at OPs so far this month about £430. Will try to add a few £ to this before end of month. Maybe get it to £500?

What I do know is the mortgage is definately sub £130k !!!!

ISA is finally back above amount I've put in by about one pound! FC over £400 although it looks like I've got my first issue with a company going under. Luckily I spread my money about so it's £14 lost if I get nothing more from them.

Will do a proper update when I'm back.
  • Leave for home tomorrow and get home sat am. Hope it's not too cold I've been in 30 degrees for last 2 weeks :)

Will need heating on full blast for a couple of days LOL.

Looking forward to home now, I miss my hounds :(
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Have a safe trip back - I'm sure your hounds miss you too!
  • Have a safe trip back - I'm sure your hounds miss you too!

The way they went mad when I picked them up I'd think so :)

We are back, I am currently extremely jetlagged so just trying to make it through the day and get an early night.

Unfortunately my card was cloned abroad so another thing to sort out. Luckily I emailed bank who stopped card and I moved all money to savings account before any serious damage was done. All money will be refunded. Tbh we travel a lot for work and use our cards all the time so I suppose lasting this long without it happening isn't too bad.

In MSE news I received my switching £100 from co op :)
  • chumpy45
    chumpy45 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have loved reading about your trip - you are such an inspiration.
    Starting Mortgage 01.08.08 £171,209.24. [STRIKE]01.08.16 £42,418.93[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.02.17 £36,584.00[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.04.17 £34,694.7[/STRIKE]1 [STRIKE][STRIKE]09.06.17 £32,828.89 MFW Target date Sept 2017; :[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]) [STRIKE]06.08.18 £24,769.47[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.18 £23,825.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]22.01.19 £21,990.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][STRIKE]06.02.19 £21,200[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]03.03.19 £19,862.93[/STRIKE][STRIKE]01.05.19 £18,509.63[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.08.19 £16,750.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.10.19 £15,400.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.19 £14,700.00[/STRIKE] 01.12.19 £13,956.00 01.02.20 £12,503.61 01.04.20 £10,999.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure