Super Balance Transfers discussion area

Comments

• gingefam
    gingefam Posts: 48 Forumite
    Egg have been e-mailing new T&Cs out. They say any +ve balances 'may' be returned to the account your DD is held with...a kind of auto SBT :DIf the card provider sent it by BACS, as opposed to FP, then it probably won't arrive until tomorrow/Wednesday...depending on what time Thursday they actioned it. Plus, I don't think the Egg balances update until after the overnight processing run.

When you say you called to process the SBT, hadn't you checked online first to see if the cash had arrived?[/QUOTE]

No :embarasse- was having trouble accessing my Egg Money account online - account frozen and had to phone up to re-activate it. That is when they told me about +ve balances no longer being allowed.

Thanks also for all the additional information. I hope that it the case that they will automatically transfer the money over to my DD account that would be fine. The lady seemed to imply that the Egg Money account would no longer accept money into credit the account and that it would be returned to the originating CC.

I shall try and hold my horses for a bit longer and see what happens :D

I would be interested if anybody else has been able to use Egg Money as a mule successfully since the T&Cs changed.

Are there any other mule cards/systems out there that I should be looking into now ?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gingefam wrote: »
    I would be interested if anybody else has been able to use Egg Money as a mule successfully since the T&Cs changed.
    Keep your eye on the stoozing site forums.
    Are there any other mule cards/systems out there that I should be looking into now ?
    You have a PM.
  • Hi there, I recently applied and got the current top Natwest blanace transfer deal and have setup a balance transfer from an old Virgin card - no problems there...

However, I also have a personal debt of £5k that I want to clear but would need to do so through a cash transfer. Ideally I want to avoid any money transfer fees and since I already have an MBNA card (Virgin) the "mule card" option with Egg Money seemed the best option.

I've checked the Egg Money site and it does not mention anywhere that you can balance transfer a cash sum to your bank account but it does, like all other cards, say that you can have a money transfer with 3% fee. Does anyone know if this feature is no longer available or if it's just hidden away after you apply for the card?
  • Allie_C
    Allie_C Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 December 2010 at 10:54PM
    Excuse my ignorance I am new to the term super balance transfer! Totally loved the article but could anyone clarify for me please? I currently have a credit card coming to the end of its 0% period (has balance of just over £1000 on it). and will shortly be wanting to apply for the MBNA rate for life as I will shortly require £2000 to pay off my car finance. My question is... When asking for the 'super balance transfer' into my bank account does this mean the balance that I currently have on my credit card or can it be any amount up to the credit limit? Also can I transfer the balance straight from my current credit card onto the new MBNA or do I have to transfer it onto the MBNA card first and then into my bank account (hope this makes sense or have I totally misunderstood???) Grateful for any replies. Thanks.:beer:
  • Hi there,

Can I super balance transfer to someone else's account? You only need sort code and account number right?

Thanks
    You'll Never Be Rich Working for Someone Else
  • Can someone help me please!

Ive currently got £2400 on a vigin card and my current 0% deal is coming to an end. I applied for a Barclaycard platinum card with 17 months 0% and was accepted so my balance transfer is sorted.

I have a £1600 overdraft with Llloyds which is costing me a small fortune each month in fees. Is there any way i can transfer my overdraft onto the Barclaycard or will i be whacked with loads of charges?? I would really like to put all my debt in 1 place!!

Thanks, Maria.
  • I have had a Barclaycard Platinum card for a while now and use it as my main purchasing card due to the cashback. I have always paid off the full amount every month by direct debit.

Separately, I bought a car a year ago on a 0% credit card, and the 0% deal was about to expire so, as I noticed that the Barclaycard Platinum card had a 0% balance transfer deal on it, I transferred the remaining balance (£5,000) onto my Barclaycard.

This has led to two problems:

1. I'm not sure how Barclaycard differentiates between the balance I build up and pay off every month on my spending, and the balance I transferred ontot the card - does anyone know? My fear is that if I do nothing, the direct debit I have set up will attempt to pay off the full amount (i.e. more than £5,000) which my current account won't be able to cope with! How can I handle this situation? Is there a way of making sure the direct debit pays off the full amount I accumulate each month plus whatever the minimum repayment is for the balance transfer?

2. Clearly adding £5,000 onto my Barclaycard means I am no very near to my credit limit, which means it isn't really suitable as my regular spending card anymore - I guess I have a couple of options:

a) Get the credit limit increased (which I will try)

b) Get a different cashback card for regular spending (I already have Amex platinum but not everywhere takes Amex)

Anyway if anyone can help particularly with number 1 I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike
  • Hello
    im hoping someone will be able to help me. Me and my partner both have over drafts of £2000 each. were currently paying around £100 per month in interest between us. From what i can gather i can apply for a credit card and do a super balance transfer and then owe £4000 at 0% plus the transfer fee to the credit card is this correct? im just abit concerned that il apply for a credit card and get accepted but then wont be offered the £4000 credit limit i need. If this happens what can i do?

Many Thanks in advance for your advice

Gemma
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Hi gemma

£4k would be quite a high starting limit (you'd actually need slightly higher than £4k as you can usually only bt 90% or 95% of your limit.)

If you have a good credit history and a high income compared to your debts then you might be accepted for a 0% SBT card. If you don't get a high enough limit then just transfer over 1 card, or as much as you can. That way you'll still have some on 0% and hopefully be able focus on clearing the rest of your overdrafts down.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Hi, new to this website :)

I currently have around £1200 of an overdraft, I am being charged a small fortune in interest so thought that applying for a virgin credit card and paying it of seemed like a good idea.

I just wanted to check that this was still possible as I noticed the article was last updated in 2010 and when I went onto the virgin card website I couldn't see anything about it.

Any help or advice from anyone would be great :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback