Change is gonna come....

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    When does your DD get her results?
    Would not for all the money want to be 16 years old again.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hello Beanielou, results day is Thursday coming. 10 am in the school hall - dd will be there with her friends. I've booked the day off work but am not allowed to go near the school. So I will be waiting at home for her - anxiously. I've given her the pep talk of if they're not what you're expecting it's okay etc but I have faith all will be good. It's been a hard line to draw - being supportive whilst not wanting to put the pressure on but of course I want her to do well. She has not had the best of years this last year and has developed a rather depressive and anxious side to her. I'm sure it's her age and circumstances but is something to keep an eye on.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hello Beanielou, results day is Thursday coming. 10 am in the school hall - dd will be there with her friends. I've booked the day off work but am not allowed to go near the school. So I will be waiting at home for her - anxiously. I've given her the pep talk of if they're not what you're expecting it's okay etc but I have faith all will be good. It's been a hard line to draw - being supportive whilst not wanting to put the pressure on but of course I want her to do well. She has not had the best of years this last year and has developed a rather depressive and anxious side to her. I'm sure it's her age and circumstances but is something to keep an eye on.

Such a difficult age especially now.
    So much pressure sadly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Back to work today and I knew it would feel like I'd never been away. Still, it makes you look forward to taking time off i suppose.

Phone calls from creditors - arrgghh - so didn't write my letters in the end. Was fed up with it all. Went for a walk at lunchtime instead, was lovely but boy so warm. Mind you not sure if it's the weather or my age (if you know what I mean).

Early night tonight now I'm back in work mode.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    When you write to your creditors tell them you will only correspond in writing and request that they do not contact you by phone. They have to comply, and it's caused me no issues. I always respond promptly if they write with any queries.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • DD had good news on her GCSE results - and I am so pleased for her, she has worked hard, and it hasn't all been plain sailing - she has really suffered mentally over this past 18 months or so, she seems so low at times - falling out with friends, not being very sociable, withdrawn, quiet, prefers time in her bedroom etc., I am worried there is something going on, but then I think she is 16 - isn't this what 16 year olds are like? She is having counselling sessions now and I am hopeful she will pick up some coping mechanisms from them.

Debt news - loads of letters, emails etc from creditors - not sure what's happened but they've all contacted me. I have buckled and gone back to Stepchange - honestly, I just can't deal with it on my own - even though I know I'm doing all I can and believe me, I have tried to deal with it all like a business arrangement, but it's taking it's toll on me again and I'm getting het up about it. Maybe because I'm worried about DD. I know I was more content when Stepchange were dealing with it all last time for me and that's where I want to be again. First payment with them coming out on 1 October so creditors will still get increased payment in November like I said they would.

Domestic news - I was staring at my internal doors and skirting boards the other day, not like in a trance, more like 'when did they get so grubby?' I got the sponge, a bucket of water and one of my many cloths and I cleaned all my doors downstairs and the skirting in the hallway - looks so good now, as if it's been repainted - happy me.

Work news - not so happy me.... new job's a bit up in the air at the moment, not sure if I feel like I'm making a difference yet. I know I need to let things settle down and I will find my way.

And breathe.... :)
  • I have heard from Stepchange today, DMP all set up again and first payment due out on 1 October - I feel so relieved - they have contacted all my creditors and I'm basically back to where I started a few months ago but I've learnt a lot of lessons along the way - most importantly not to panic at blips in the road as everything can be sorted. I am a good one for the classic knee-jerk reaction and obviously wasn't ready for self-management.

After I posted yesterday I spoke to my boss about my job - turns out I'm doing a great job and everything is good - which I was pleased to hear. I guess, like anyone, I go through times of self-doubt which gets worse when you have a lot on your mind.

Been thinking about colour to paint my bedroom, I am drawn naturally to light mauve but thinking also maybe Champagne, and having it all a bit more neutral. Will consider this again later when I'm at home.

I have a couple of meetings this afternoon so that will eat up the day and then meeting by DD - she is coming into town to meet me from work tonight.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done to DD :T

There's nothing wrong with getting Stepchange to do the hard work, it's something less you need to think about.

I know what you mean about the paintwork, it's amazing how filthy it gets!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Thanks jwill - DD is pleased with her results.

I have the house to myself this evening, and looking forward to the peace and quiet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the company of others but also long for those times when I can just sit quiet and do my own thing :)

I am leaving work a little earlier today as well, so will make sure I get on and do the washing etc., I may even go shopping tonight, would normally do it tomorrow but am feeling that I would like to get it out of the way. I will then be able to sit down and relax.

I haven't replaced the freezer yet - this has made me shop differently, I only now buy things that I know are going to get eaten during the week, fresh meat etc., and also, I'm not buying stuff covered in batter or breadcrumbs anymore - doing it this way has saved me money as well.
  • Finish work early - tick
    Do shopping- tick
    One load of washing on the line - tick
    Another load being done now - tick
    Wash up tea time bits - in a minute ☺
    Cheeky glass of wine - tick (of course ��)
    Find a film to watch - next job

I love lists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family