Nest Scheme - Biomass - Want it replaced with oil

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Nest Wales. We took advantage of the scheme back in 2014 and had a biomass boiler installed upon their recommendation. We now believe that we were given inappropriate advice and want the boiler taken out and to revert back to an oil one. Our main concerns are the cost of maintenance (bearing in mind we were able to take advantage of the scheme due to low income, which is still the case), the physical aspect of taking delivery and storing pellets and cleaning out the boiler (bearing in mind my husband was just out of hospital and had been left partially disabled following an accident) and the worry that going forward into older age we won't be able to manage the whole aspect of having a biomass boiler. Some of our concerns could be argued as naivity (how else do you think you're going to get a tonne of pellets from the bottom of your drive to round the back of the house apart from carrying them !!!!), but at no point was it explained to us the bigger picture of running it especially as we had moved here having only known mains gas boilers. To top it all off we have had to pay £600 in service and repair bills since the start of 2018 and now can't afford to repair it following its breakdown yesterday - billowing back smoke.
So, if anyone could offer some constructive advice on how to approach the subject or indeed know of anyone who has successfully had their biomass boiler re-replaced under this scheme (as I've heard rumours that there have been people), I would be very much grateful.

Comments

• sarba
    sarba Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    I know this an old post but we had much the same experience as you with our Biomass boiler installed. We had a nearly a three year fight with the MCS scheme and its associated  bodies having it removed by the certification body. 
    From our experience you have a case for miss selling under the MCS scheme if your husband has mobility problems and unable to carry the Pellets. The assessment and standards of the MCS states this needs to be considered in order to establish the system is suitable.
    we have lots of knowledge which we are willing to pass on to people regarding Biomass and the MCS scheme and how you can fight the unfair practices.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback