No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2019

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another UU: Bath and Body Works Cherry Merlot hand soap. This was gorgeous and I would repurchase. I have ordered three more from a FaceBook group I belong to but all Autumnal foodie fragrances.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    uu

Baby Lips Cherry Me - this has been going on forever, there is a ton of product in these. I sort of had a love hate relationship with this, loved the cherry tunes scent and the nice red tint but it wore off quickly and left my lips feeling drier. WNBA but I do have more of these in the stash in other flavours but DD is ploughing her way through them too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416
    Forumite
    VALM wrote: »
    Well done. I now hate looking at makeup in there because people open it all.
    yeah it's SUCH a mess at the best of times. I get sucked into the skincare stuff v easily
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • Re the facebook post, I don't seem to be able to post a link (except to my own profile ha ha) but it was posted to the Moneysavingexpert.com page on 2 October at 7am

No INs, no Outs, some splutterers. I'm aiming for 9 more UUs by the end of the year, then my complicated system of allowing myself £2 of beauty budget for each Out in the year will be in balance.
  • I used up the orginal source shower gel. It was nice but honestly I recall the smell was more powerful a few years ago. I used it for the gym but I think one of the soap boxes might be lighter to carry

I can't recall if I mentioned i mentioned an additional urban decay shadow finished. Should I carry on as the colours were never easy to use and have a lot of fall down- for the last 3 shades left.

I had to pull out a lighter foundation from the hoard- good bye summer. My skin always takes a week or two to return to normal after a cold or illness. I find it time to change out colours.

I have a few in .... nivea face wash for the gym as the look of melted make up is not flattering
    glycloic wipes, cleaner and moisturizer. I got a gift with purchase.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    One UU this morning, Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream 50 ml.
    Something about the scent of this product bothered me. It almost felt like it was off. Apart from that, it is very hydrating. However, due to scent, I used this on and off so not sure about the effect. Not sure if I repurchase.
    ally.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

I can't recall if I mentioned i mentioned an additional urban decay shadow finished. Should I carry on as the colours were never easy to use and have a lot of fall down- for the last 3 shades left.

I'd say that if you don't enjoy using them get rid. I salute you for finishing any UD eyeshadow in any event. I gave up on Darkhorse and put the Naked palette back in my stash for a later date. Which palette were you working on?

I've used a shadow called Gilded Gold from the Stila In the Light palette this morning and those shadows appear to be so much softer than UD. Lovely colour.

My OPI Espresso Your Style arrived yesterday and I am wearing it today. Still such a beautiful colour.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    Forumite
    ins

2 x Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm - I am really enjoying using this and they had a 20% off code so I stocked up.

I also ordered an UD Primer Potion from Debenhams which Hermes tried to deliver today, they need a signature by all accounts, total pain now, it took Debenhams ages to despatch.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Welcome to all the new people! I've not updated in a while, but have a few Ins and Outs:

- Mark Hill Moroccan Argan Oil (hair oil/serum). WDBA - HG. Light, non-greasy, leaves hair looking and feeling great. I've tried a lot of oils/serums and this is the best I've found.
    - Clinique clarifying lotion 2, 60ml. WDBA - I've loved this for years.
    - James Read Gradual Tan sleep Mask Tan Body. WDBA - this is great. Applies easily, dries quickly, and I always woke up with a really nice natural colour the next morning. It's so easy! Got it in a beauty box.
    - Sure Invisible Aqua deodorant. WDBA - this is my regular now, very effective and non-fuss. No white marks too!
    - Elemis Frangipani Monoi Body Oil. WDBA - HG product, though I only buy it on offer, as it is not cheap...
    - Ciglione lash booster mascara. WNB - it was ok, when I switched out the brush for a better one. It gives a nice doll eye effect, very black lashes, and lasts very well. I prefer something more natural though.
    - MAdara regene facemask. WNBA.
    - generic pack of cotton wool pads.
    - Aldi Lacura Exfoliating mudmask. WNBA - it was ok, but I wasn't blow away by it.
    - Olia hair dye. WDBA - HG

TA:
    - Benefit Hollywood Glo. This was discontunued yeeeeaaaars ago. I don't know why I still had it.
    - Yves Rocher Sunkissed Effect Fluid Foundation. Again very old, and almost used up. I used it to darken my main foundation, which I don't need to do now.

Ins:
    - 2 Olia hair dyes (HG), 1 used immediately
    - Knight and Wilson PurePlex Revolutionary Hair Repair System. My hair came back a bit frazzled after a recent holiday, so thought I'd give this a go.

I've a few sputterers, and need to do a bit of a tidy up, so hopefully more progress soon!
  • I finished my roger & gallet body oil in bois d'orange. I found it ok but the spray was difficult to get enough out of the bottle. It was fragranced but not powerfully so.

I cut open a nuxe boudy cream. It had about 50 ml left in the tube and pulled out with a knife and put it in an empty glass jar. It was nice but so much wastage of product.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure