Options

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all.

Today's Menu
    B Bran crunch (HEB) 0% yoghurt (P) backberries (S) honey (1)
    L HM Butternut squash soup (S and F) squash, onion, stock, a few red lentils to thicken and stock with a touch of curry powder, Tangerine (S) apple(S)
    D Slow cooked Beef stew - beef (P) carrots, onions , leeks and swede (all S) gravy from granules (1.5 for my portion) served with mash (F)

I've made a vat of the soup, some scotch eggs with Linda McCartney sausages and some bread so can leave the shopping till tomorrow.
    Meal plan done for the week so all I need to do is stick to it now!
  • Vegastare
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Beanie.....just to say I.m at target too!!!
    :T
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on your loss sary:T You're certainly going mad with the Body Magic and it seems to be working. :D

If you made a 70g pizza base pollyanna then it would just be 1 syn over a HEB (60g =6 syns or a HEB ) or you could make it smaller. ;). If you made several in advance then you could freeze them for bunging in the oven on Fridays. I'm sure your girls would love making them with you.

I portioned up the braised red cabbage. We only have a large serving spoon each at a time so I made up 14 portions from the 1 cabbage, onions and apples. I used 4 small eating apples so the syns for cooked apple isn't worth worrying about. :)
    joedenise wrote: »
    D - SC chicken P; potatoes S; carrots S; peppers S; onions S; green beans S;

I'm doing chicken in the SC for the first time today. Presumably I can thicken the juices to make the gravy? I always count HM gravy as 4 syns so I'll stick with that.

Today's EE plan :
    B:NAS grapefruit (free squash), HEB porage with HEA milk, skinny syrup, banana (F), strawberries and raspberries (S)
    L: ham, bacon(P) with fried mash (F) carrots, cabbage, beetroot (S)
    D: SC chicken (P) with SW roast potatoes (F), red and green cabbage, swede and carrot mash, cauli and broccoli (S)
    Syns: gravy 4, weekend wine :D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes Maman you can just thicken the juices with some cornflour. I always cook my chicken on 4 half onions so the juices collect at the bottom. I thicken the juices and chop the onion into it before thickening, while the chicken rests. I only have about 1 dessert spoonful of gravy so don't syn it. DH has most of it!

Still not got round to counting up my syns for the weekend!

Well done on your loss Sary that's a great loss.

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done to the losers:T:T
    DIMW, lovely, bit of sun:D although its been nice here but my god was cold this morning just 5 degrees and we did a car boot!!
    Sary nice too "see" you:D
    Well today i have had

Berries (s) and greek yog (p)
    2 plums (s)

2 BLT eggs wraps (p & s), with cucumber and tom on the side

Tea i am having
    Roast chicken (p) cauli, broc, runner beans and carrots (s) 1 yorkie (2 syns) Gravy i don't count:rotfl::rotfl:

Later
    Chopped fruit (s) and ice cream (p) as made with ff greek yog

Will post food pics later :p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Yes Maman you can just thicken the juices with some cornflour. I always cook my chicken on 4 half onions so the juices collect at the bottom. I thicken the juices and chop the onion into it before thickening, while the chicken rests. I only have about 1 dessert spoonful of gravy so don't syn it. DH has most of it!

Still not got round to counting up my syns for the weekend!

Well done on your loss Sary that's a great loss.

Denise
    Thanks Denise . I put a carrot, onion and some celery in the bottom so should taste good. :)

I'm counting my syns through the week and hoping what I have left will cover Thursday's meal. Haven't really got any plans to use any after today so should be OK. Unfortunately as sirens said something always seems to crop up so very few weeks are 'normal'. :)
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Thanks for the new thread Beanie

I have been a little way off this week, fish and chips on Friday as I was so late home I couldn't be bothered to cook (then wash up!) as I had work the next day to prepare for. Yesterday dh cooked chicken fajitas (pretty sure he doesn't use my spay oil!)
    Today is usually my cheat day where I use all my remaining syns left over and don't worry about counting. We are having a roast with the works and apple crumble (which is my favourite) so I think I'm going to draw a line and start a fresh next week, although I am at a funeral on Tuesday and a work course on Wednesday afternoon, so not a normal week again.
    Tete I think I will join you as I find something to aim at helps motivate me. I shall go with 10lb over the next 8 weeks and update my sig

Oh just a note on whoever was talking about tacos, pollyanna24 I think? My kids also love those so when I make them I make a portion of pasta for myself and mix my bit of mince in with a large helping of salad and sprinkle of cheese (hexa), very tasty.

Thanking you. I am undecided as to what to do yet. If a taco has 3.5 sysn and I normally have 2, then 7syns isn't the end of the world. But I think we are having it with rice as well, so I mightn't need the tacos.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been to Aldi, yay!

Have bought a few things, but now thinking about it, not sure how SW friendly they are!

Two micro meals:-

SlimWell Meatballs and Pasta.
    I am having this for dinner as although I feel better than yesterday, can't face cooking. I have a few syns leftover and tomorrow is the start of a new week.

SlimWell Chicken Saag.

Rices:-
    Coconut Rice
    Bulgar Wheat Quinoa and Wholegrain
    Tilda Caribbean Rice and Peppers

They sound healthyish, but if I have my sensible head on, I can see that the best option would just to have plain boiled rice.

On the plus side, have made crustless quiche and my oat muffins are in the oven. Planning for the forthcoming week when I have to work 5 days, yawn.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here you go Polyanna
    slimwell.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    Options
    The Aldi bulgar wheat pouch is 3 syns and the Tilda is probably 5 (can only find one with peas). Is the coconut rice own brand?

Anyone heard from tweets lately? She usually drops by on a Sunday?:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure