Green reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• ed110220
    ed110220 Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I close to switch over to them a few weeks ago as it came out as the cheapest option on the comparison sites (after a few with horrible reviews).

First point - whoever chose the name needs their head examined. As it's not a company you can switch to using the comparison sites and they don't provide a link I had to Google it. You can probably imagine finding a new small supplier called Green Energy is virtually impossible as green energy is also a description and there are huge numbers of unrelated companies with similar names. In the end I had to resort to finding something like an Ofgem page listing energy suppliers to find a link to the website. Most people probably wouldn't have got that far...

So far my experience has been good. Switching was easy and my questions were answered and opening readings taken quickly via live chat out of office hours.

Some more points to bear in mind:-

Tarrifs will vary on your location. For example my sister found Green's economy 7 tarrif was cheapest (again after discarding one or two suppliers with horrible reviews) for her in Corsham, but a friend in Bath just a few miles away found Green quoted quite a bit.more for economy 7. I'm also in Bath but not economy 7.

Green took payment for the first month up front unlike my old supplier that only bills after you've used the energy, so I have had to make two energy payments this month (though I am owed more than a months credit from the previous supplier).
    Solar install June 2022, Bath
    4.8 kW array, Growatt SPH5000 inverter, 2x Growatt ML33RTA batteries.
    SSW roof. ~22° pitch, BISF house. 12 x 400W Hyundai panels
  • kaps2804
    Options
    I dared to switch my gas and electric supply from british gas to Green and i cannot be more happy. More than willing to recommend it to everyone on the forum, cheap tariffs which is a no brainer, the switch went pretty smooth and you can always get in touch with them through live chat. Yes it is a new company and may not have enough feedback but dont let that deter you to switch from big 6's expensive tariffs. Download their app and they are just a tap away. One very happy switcher!!! :) :j
  • sepinroth
    Options
    I've had some minor issues during the switch from Bulb, such as mixed up addresses (3 houses in the same vicinity), missing activation codes - but so far the customer service has been very good, everything was resolved, they replied very quickly and seemed genuine in wanting to help. First payment taken, app is pretty basic but handy, very cheap tariff for my house, so far so good. I declared interest for smart meters - apparently duly noted. Let's say 3/5, possibly going to 4/5 (after some time).
  • nickmad
    Options
    So far so good, Fast and efficient, Online support super-efficient all aspects seem customer friendly (seems setup to be user rather than system driven)
  • JoGi
    Options
    I decided to switch to Green.Energy for the same reason as everyone else: cheap tariff, but my experience has been quite disappointing.
    I am not going to question politeness of advisers at web chat, as the one I spoke to was polite. Politely asking me about my bank account details to update my switch but when challenged about non-secure means web-chat was providing, he backtracked saying I misunderstood him, he meant I needed to contact the company on the phone to do so. I am not sure how did he want to update my switch then, since he meant I should have done that on the phone.
    The reason I needed assistance, was due to allegedly invalid bank account details. The Green.Energy adviser could not confirm as to what was wrong with the details I had provided, as he said bank account details were not shared with their employees due to security protection and yet I was asked to provide my details on the phone/ online web-chat.
    I have done a bit of research and found out that in instances when mandate is invalid, both parties would be informed of that but I was not informed by the Gocardless (the company dealing with DD payments for Green.Energy).
    Following the issue with my bank account details, I received emails informing me that my account is at risk of running into a debt if I did not update it; I wanted to do it on the App and was initially advised I could do that but the App for Android mobiles was not functioning at all and the website was completely useless in this regard, which means I was not able to update my bank account details and there was no way I was giving my bank account details through non-secure means to Green.Energy employees since Gocardless deals with all the information. I am an adviser at CAB and have assisted clients who paid for someone elses bills because of merely sharing bank account details to naively believe that whom I share bank account details with is irrelevant.
    Few days later, I received an email form Green.Energy: "Following on from your request we have cancelled your switch to Green". The only problem was, I did not cancel the switch, so emailed the company in response to that but have never received any response. When made a complaint, I was advised the system mistakenly used a wrong template. I requested to receive the correct reason for cancellation of my switch; have not received anything either but instead received an email from Operations Director accusing me of providing misleading information about my bank account details.
    I, then decided to leave a review on Trustpilot, the review was immediately reported by Green.Energy and removed by TrustPilot pending an investigation. My LinkedIn account was also viewed by someone from Green.Energy. What was interesting, a number of positive reviews about Green.Energy suddenly appeared on the same day. The content of those reviews coincidently referred to everything I had issues with.
    Unfortunately and regrettably, as the tariff is still the most competitive, I simply do not trust the company. I wonder if any of you who decided to switch had an issue with bank account details.
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    There's a review on Trustpilot which has been reported by green for 1/5 stars.

The review stated 'application doesn't work' and Green reported it due to the person reviewing not being a customer of theirs.

I would believe this would be the same reason why they reported yours, if you weren't actually a customer. Using the report ruling of: "This reviewer has not had a genuine buying or service experience"

I would say, because you had a switch in process, you had a genuine buying and service experience. It might be worth contacting Trustpilot stating this to try and get the review put back on to stop Green doing this to other reviewers.

It seems like a two sided story though and the person on live chat either wasn't informed enough to remember bank details can't be taken over non-secure... or it was just going to be easier for them to take them that way. One could be excused, the other can't.

Did you try to call them at all to try and resolve this?
  • JoGi
    Options
    I did contact TrustPilot. So far no response from them. My review is still offline.
    I have also seen a review in which a person complained that Green.Energy set up three different DDs. Something is obviously not right with how the company handles personal information.
    In terms of bank account details; they do not deal with bank account details-Gocardless does and thus those details are not accessible to Green.Energy either, that was also the reason they were not able to confirm what was wrong with my details.
    The person on the web-chat should be trained accordingly and either they cut corners because of questionable practices of the company or the person requesting personal information does so for their own personal gain.
    It can be resolved by re-joining Green.Energy (but it is no longer my intention to be their customer) but that was not the point of my message. The point was that their actions are in breach of data security regulations and I wanted to warn those who might be asked by the company for bank account details as they might end up with more than one DD to pay.
  • Yellow_bug
    Options
    joined this company through MSE site as I have sold my property waiting for an exchange contract date. My previous supplier Avro energy ends therefore I did wish to pickup costs being on a standard rate.
    Wait...
    I completed on line to subscribe with Green energy through MSE which emailed me for DD details,energy usage, serial numbers and MPN mumbers for electric and gas.
    Already taken £46 no welcome email or correspondence is this a litigate company.
    Also at the same time my current company are also taking payment...
    I believe on the facts of correspondence I should cancel my contracts as no party has communicated with only taking my money.
    I am no longer in contract with Avro or no account set for me with Green.
    Poor service
    I'm sure when I cancel DD their legal department will start to get heavy with contract payments.
    I would not use this company therefore will leave as customer service is void.
  • bufferz
    Options
    One of eversmart's ex-customers here, options are green for £58 a month, or bulb for £65 a month, decisions decisions :beer:
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    Yellow_bug wrote: »
    Already taken £46 no welcome email or correspondence is this a litigate company.

They don't seem to do 'welcome emails', however I did receive an email when a DD was set up, when my switch was nearly completed, and when I needed to take a reading the month after.

To get the most out of Green you need to download the app... if you have any issues then use their live chat. It's easy and quick plus you can do it out of normal business hours.
    Also at the same time my current company are also taking payment...

Were you in a big amount of credit with your old supplier? if not then this would probably have covered your final bill. If you now have credit with your old supplier then contact them.

I'm sure when I cancel DD their legal department will start to get heavy with contract payments.
    I would not use this company therefore will leave as customer service is void.

It doesn't sound like you have actually tried to contact their customer service and are instead just venting on an independent forum.

Go contact them... if needed raise a complaint with them as well instead of just cancelling your DD and getting yourself into issues.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback