IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Parking Solutions

Comments

• ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    They are, rather unsurprisingly, lying to you. They aren't the first and they won't be the last.

There are no British Standards for signs on private land. Even the British Parking Association, a den of thieves populated by crooked PPC staff, don't have 'standards' for their signs.

And they won't take you to court - legally you owe the landowner £6, and that's it.

You DON'T owe the parking company £60 or £100 or whatever fictitious amount they've made up. They have no statutory power to impose 'fines' on people, so where they get these charge amounts from is a mystery.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Advice on this please.....just found it in the information section on the site. As I got my 'ticket' at Hull Port - what do I need to know re: any byelaws that may suddenly mean that them coming to clamp my car when I don't pay is completely legal?
    Where local byelaws are in place, including some railway station car parks, airport car parks, ports and harbours and river crossings, which can still be contracted out to private companies.
    Thanks
  • ManxRed
    Does it mention byelaws on either the ticket or the signs on site?

Probably not, but check and let us know. In any case they couldn't clamp your car after the event in lieu of unpaid tickets - NCP tried that to hilarious effect recently and now have legal costs in six figures after losing the case. Essentially clamping for unpaid debts is illegal as per the Distress Act.

Let us know what the sign and ticket says.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2019 at 8:02PM
    THIS THREAD IS SO OLD PLEASE STOP READING IT, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!

stop

stop.

STOP.

THIS THREAD IS OUT OF DATE.

INSTEAD, SEE MY SIGNATURE BELOW AND CLICK ON THE NEWBIES THREAD.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks ManxRed and Coupon-mad, the tickets does not mention byelaws or clamping, only debt recovery, court and bailiff costs. The company is Premier Parking Solutions in Newton Abbott - and yes, it is headed 'parking charge notice'. On the advice from the forum I fully intend to ignore all further communications from them.
    Cheers!
  • ManxRed
    That's the spirit.

Come back if you need any reassurance when you get the inevitable follow up letters. although the link in Coupon Mad's post to the letter chains will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect!
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Hi I got a PCN back in December from Premier Parking Solutions after I had paid for a 24 hour stay in their car park. When I got back to the car I saw they had given me a ticket due to no ticket being displayed, I then saw that my ticket had been blown off the dashboard and that I had to pay a £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.
    I thought I could just send them a letter explaining what happened and send them the original parking ticket I purchased (I sent the real copy but took photos as evidence... I now know I shouldnt of sent the real ticket) I thought that they would cancel the PCN in good faith... Unfortunately these scammers were to busy trying to get money out of me rather than looking at my situation. They completely ignored the fact that I had paid for the right to be there and supplied them with evidence and that the it was out of my control that ticket blew off the dashboard...they decided to reply with the car parks rules and regulations and stated at the end of the letter "the pay and display ticket you have supplied is not on display in your vehicle" "We are therefore unable to cancel the parking charge notice". I was so frustrated with this I replied once more stating that they were being unreasonable and that they had lost no money from me being there and also I requested they send me my original parking ticket back so I could appeal to POPLA and also to freeze the PCN until I have received this so a fair contractual agreement can be made... for the second time they then replied to me by saying they uphold the decision to issue this PCN and they ignored my request to send me my parking ticket back and freezing the the PCN. They stated on the 24/01/13 that payment of £100 was needed in 2 weeks to avoid debt recovery proceedings, incurring additional costs.
    I then realised I should not of replied to them as now they have my name and address. I decided to ignore them and yesterday 6/03/13 I recived a letter from CCSCollect a debt recovery agency asking for £127.50 by 15th march, it doesnt state why the cost has risen either.
    I am now wondering if ignoring this is the best option or if I should just pay the PCN?
    I've posted on here as I need some advice as its started to stress me out and I dont want to be having to deal with this as I have important A-Levels coming up and University choices.

Thanks for any help.
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    MufcTazza wrote: »
    Hi I got a PCN back in December from Premier Parking Solutions after I had paid for a 24 hour stay in their car park. When I got back to the car I saw they had given me a ticket due to no ticket being displayed, I then saw that my ticket had been blown off the dashboard and that I had to pay a £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.
    I thought I could just send them a letter explaining what happened and send them the original parking ticket I purchased (I sent the real copy but took photos as evidence... I now know I shouldnt of sent the real ticket) I thought that they would cancel the PCN in good faith... Unfortunately these scammers were to busy trying to get money out of me rather than looking at my situation. They completely ignored the fact that I had paid for the right to be there and supplied them with evidence and that the it was out of my control that ticket blew off the dashboard...they decided to reply with the car parks rules and regulations and stated at the end of the letter "the pay and display ticket you have supplied is not on display in your vehicle" "We are therefore unable to cancel the parking charge notice". I was so frustrated with this I replied once more stating that they were being unreasonable and that they had lost no money from me being there and also I requested they send me my original parking ticket back so I could appeal to POPLA and also to freeze the PCN until I have received this so a fair contractual agreement can be made... for the second time they then replied to me by saying they uphold the decision to issue this PCN and they ignored my request to send me my parking ticket back and freezing the the PCN. They stated on the 24/01/13 that payment of £100 was needed in 2 weeks to avoid debt recovery proceedings, incurring additional costs.
    I then realised I should not of replied to them as now they have my name and address. I decided to ignore them and yesterday 6/03/13 I recived a letter from CCSCollect a debt recovery agency asking for £127.50 by 15th march, it doesnt state why the cost has risen either.
    I am now wondering if ignoring this is the best option or if I should just pay the PCN?
    I've posted on here as I need some advice as its started to stress me out and I dont want to be having to deal with this as I have important A-Levels coming up and University choices.

Thanks for any help.
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

You would have been better off starting a new thread to get more answers but regardless you have done nothing wrong.

The landowner has lost nothing so they can't take you you court.

You now have two choices :

1. Ignore everything you get ( unless it's real court papers which you won't get ! ).

2. Complain to the BPA that you've not been given a POPLA code with which to appeal further with. You can then appeal to POPLA and cost the PPC £32 but still ignore any ruling. Best of both worlds.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Better to complain directly to popla, if they refused your appeal, they must supply a popla code within 35 days of your original appeal. If they have not done this they are in breach of the BPA CoP below. Send them an email stating that as they didn't give the code that you are going to sue them for harassment as you do not owe them any thing.
    37.3 - If you receive a challenge or appeal about the issue of
    a parking ticket, you must stop work on processing the ticket immediately.You must not increase the charge until you have replied to the challenge.You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within 14 days of receiving it. If at first you only acknowledge the challenge or appeal, you must accept or reject the challenge or appeal in writing within 35 days of receiving it.We may require you to show that you are keeping to these targets.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/BPA_Code_of_Practice_2012_Version_1_October_2012.pdf
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    I would just ignore. Simple solution
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income