BT I-Plate promises to speed up ADSL connections by up to 60%; will it work for you?

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bradavon wrote: »
    Thanks, will do (get an I-Plate) ;)

Remove the wire you wuss!
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • espresso wrote: »
    Remove the wire you wuss!

2 drops of my snakeoil near the box'll fix it for you...you know it makes sense...
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • espresso
    tonyhague wrote: »
    2 drops of my snakeoil near the box'll fix it for you...you know it makes sense...

I just don't see how removing a redundant wire, frightens this poster out of their skin!

:rotfl:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Les was scared of Chives :confused:
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • espresso wrote: »
    I just don't see how removing a redundant wire, frightens this poster out of their skin!

:rotfl:
    I said. I don't own the flat. My Landlord would go ape ;).
  • espresso
    bradavon wrote: »
    I saw. I don't own the flat. My Landlord would go ape ;).

:confused:

How would he know?
  • Lex555
    Lex555 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I'm with AOL & live 600 metres from my exchange but in a built up area. I'm supposed to get 8meg broadband, but even in the middle of the night the best i have ever got is 6.7 Meg. I don't install the AOL software so don't need to worry about that draining my bandwidth, but given all this is is worth me buying the item, or removing the bell wire? And what kind of ratios are we talking? Should i expect an increase from 6.7 to say 7.7 Meg or would it be more like 6.7 to 6.9 at best?
  • Lex555 wrote: »
    Should i expect an increase from 6.7 to say 7.7 Meg or would it be more like 6.7 to 6.9 at best?

it is impossible to predict the change, if any, but removing the ring wire is free and easy so you may as well try.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    7.1Mb/s is probably the highest anyone would get
  • Keith:)
    Keith:) Posts: 101 Forumite
    Hi guys,

Before moving the three bell wires i connected my broadband to the master socket, this gave me speeds to almost 5Mb from under 1Mb... now I removed the 3 wires (connected to port 3) as suggested and connected everything back and it has gone back to under a meg.... any ideas why? I have microfilters on my phone and broadband connection... is it worth me getting the i plate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure