Repeated calls from allied international re economy energy

Hi, apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, I did search to check and couldn’t see anything..:
Long story short, I left economy energy last year after a disastrous experience and was eventually granted the refund I was owed by Ovo some time after they went bust.
Anyway, fast forward to now, I have been receiving repeated calls from a company called Allied International who, despite me blocking the number keep leaving voicemail (how?!) and asking me to call them with a reference number. I haven’t, because after a quick google search I found that they’re debt collectors acting on behalf of economy energy. I’m scared to call them because a) I’m in the middle of an Iva and could get into big trouble if I’ve accumulated debt somehow, and Bh don’t want to hear that I somehow owe them money

They haven’t written to me at all but just keep leaving messages...has anyone else had a similar experience? I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks

Comments

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Was going to suggest you post this in the debt section of the forum, but see you have now done so and got some advice there. :)
  • Fizz_Bomb wrote: »
    Hi, apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, I did search to check and couldn’t see anything..:
    Long story short, I left economy energy last year after a disastrous experience and was eventually granted the refund I was owed by Ovo some time after they went bust.
    Anyway, fast forward to now, I have been receiving repeated calls from a company called Allied International who, despite me blocking the number keep leaving voicemail (how?!) and asking me to call them with a reference number. I haven’t, because after a quick google search I found that they’re debt collectors acting on behalf of economy energy. I’m scared to call them because a) I’m in the middle of an Iva and could get into big trouble if I’ve accumulated debt somehow, and Bh don’t want to hear that I somehow owe them money

They haven’t written to me at all but just keep leaving messages...has anyone else had a similar experience? I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks

Allied International Credit (UK) Ltd (“AIC”) are the debt collection agents apponted by the administrators of Economy Energy and they are therefore authorised to contact Economy Energy customers who have unpaid accounts.

Call them back :)
  • I am in the same position. My fixed tariff with Economy Energy expired last October, leaving me almost £200 in credit. They kept putting off repaying this and in March this year I contacted OVO who paid me. I thought that was the end of it until I got a call from Allied International saying I owe Economy Energy £43! What has happened is that EE billed me for November AFTER I had left them. I took out a Direct Debit Indemnity, but it appears EE still claim I owe them this money. I have sent Aliied International copies of all my correspondence with EE and OVO plus copies of my bank statements showing the (illegally in my opinion!) Direct Debit set up by EE in November and the refund from OVO. ALLIED have now informed me that they have forwarded all to the liquidators so I have to wait to hear from those people. I refuse to pay money I never owed! If you have proof that you don’t owe the money, email or post it to Allied ASAP, or they’ll keep,pestering you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure