Personal loan - self employed

2»

Comments

• I have been accepted before in the past for the exact same amount of money before i went self employed and i was earning the same each month... however it was a few years ago and i cancelled it due to a family member loaning me money instead. So thats why i thought i would be excepted... im just unsure in regards to me being self employed now how thats affecting the outcome
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What happened a few years ago is frankly irrelevant. Lending criteria is tighter now.
  • tiger_eyes
    tiger_eyes Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Leaving aside why you pay personal outgoings from a business account - this refusal is an opportunity to think hard about whether you can really afford this loan, taking into account factors such as the size of your emergency fund, how many months you could pay your expenses if your business failed, etc.
  • How have you convinced your accountant that personal bills can be paid from the business account?

Curious on the tax treatment on that...
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    im just unsure in regards to me being self employed now how thats affecting the outcome

You have a limited company. Is your status not 'employee'?
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    Why are you paying personal things using business money. What do you do with the money you put in your personal account if nothing comes out.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    even though the loan would be to pay off over 5 years?

This has no relevance to the debt to annual salary ratio, doesnt matter if its a 12 month loan or 60 month loan.

Lenders criteria has to be strict incase they get a "mis-sold loan because they lent me the same as my gross annual salary BS scam claim".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure