BT seems a rip off for Broadband!! It was £37 a month, now £47!! Contract is up!

124»

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bill888 wrote: »
    hmm, I didn't think BT offered unlimited calls to mobiles on Anytime plan. Or did you mean free calls to 'BT mobile' numbers?
    I thought that too, but on checking it doesn't appear to be a standard Anytime plan, but is called 'My Anytime & Mobile Calls add-on'. This is what the email they sent me says about it:

With My Anytime & Mobile Calls add-on, you'll get:

* inclusive calls to UK landlines every day
    Includes calls of up to an hour to 01, 02 and 03 numbers excluding the Channel Islands, indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access. Other exclusions apply.
    * inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers every day
    Calls of up to an hour, excluding calls to dial-up internet, Calling Card and dial-through access numbers. A fair usage policy applies: you get 1,000 minutes or 150 calls a month. If you go over, we'll charge for these calls until further notice.
    * inclusive calls to UK mobiles
    You can make free calls to mobile numbers from your landline.

Calls to service numbers starting with 084, 087, 09 and 118 come with an access charge of 15p a minute plus a service charge set by the company you call. There's no set-up fee for these numbers.

For all chargeable calls you make outside of your calling plan, you'll have to pay standard rates and a set-up fee of 23p. Find out more about call charges in our tariff guide.

which suggests all mobile calls are free, not just those to BT mobile numbers.
    Stompa
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have had Fibre to the premises from BT for a 12 month contract 50mb per sec average 300+ on occasions. Now I want to move from BT, none of the opposition are allowed to operate the FTTP and have to use the old copper cable - top speed 11-13 mb. I thought monopolies were illegal!!!!!!!!! Anyone any advice on this one?

You are wrong, the competition are allowed to use Openreach FTTP in exactly the same way that BT are, if the ISP you would like to use doesn’t offer FTTP, that is entirely their decision
  • bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Stompa wrote: »

My Anytime & Mobile Calls add-on

I tried a google search and couldn't find any reference to above call plan. However, upon studying the new BT Tariff guide (23 Aug), it does list it at a whopping £12 pm. (Sky is £10pm and Plusnet is £8pm)

It must be a new call plan which has yet to be announced.

It looks like the existing Unlimited Anytime calls at £9.99 will perhaps become My Anytime Calls add-on at £9.00.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bill888 wrote: »
    It looks like the existing Unlimited Anytime calls at £9.99 will perhaps become My Anytime Calls add-on at £9.00.
    It's mentioned here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/03/bt-customers-have-p5-mth-package-added-to-their-phone-bill---but/
    Stompa
  • Plenty of offers going through Quidco cashback site. (just search for "broadband"). e.g. 38Mbps fibre - £21.95pm with Origin + £52 cashback and £27.94pm if you want unlimited calls. Also, Now Broadband offering £25pm including anytime phone calls + £100 cashback (and only 12 months contract, so that £16.67pm for 38Mbps fibre)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure