Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Walking to London for CRUK

JadonM
JadonM Posts: 14 Forumite
edited 11 March 2019 at 6:32PM in Charities
This coming April, over two days, myself and my partner will be walking from our house in Reading all the way to the London Eye. The entire time walking will be approximately 14hrs and we've been fortunate enough that a hotel has offered us a complimentary room along the way.

We aim to do the majority of the walking on the first day, stopping over at the hotel and continuing the last part on the second day. Some years ago my partner lost her Nan to cancer, someone she was extremely close to and she was due to see her the day after she had died - meaning it had been some time since seeing her.

Cancer Research UK does incredible research into treatments for cancer and helps those fighting cancer. We're determined to raise as much as we possibly can and we're already sitting at 48% of our target of £1000. We've had some incredibly generous donations so far and we are so thankful.

We will be posting updates and photos during the walk. As well as this, we will be allowing people to see our real-time location and speed throughout the walk.

Anyone who is interested in donating can do so here. It's really appreciated and we both thank you for any donation(s).

Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103). Registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales No. 4325234. All donations are processed securely through their official website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure