Co-operative Energy

Comments

• oldskoo1 wrote: »
    May only be 2% but still a reduction.
    Their mission statement isn't to be the cheapest and they aren't, although they are very close. They are competitively priced and have 1 clear transparent rate by region, no cancellation charge and so far i haven't had any reason to cancel with them.

Very happy with them.

I switched to the coop today, having been with good energy for just over two years, I wanted a simple tariff and good cs with no cancellation charge. I saved £67 in total, not bad at all considering we are low electricity users. I would have stayed with good energy but £67 was too good to ignore
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I just saw the Co-op tariff. Much cheaper than the one I'm on with BG but there's a monthly standing charge. I thought they didn't do this anymore.
  • ive just done a comparison on moneysupermarket of a dual fuel based on my unit price of 11.7 elec,gas 3.85 total cost of energy including standing charges vat is £960 a year, with coop energy.
    It comes up with 38 tariffs only 3 better than what im paying now.
    the best save is sainsbury energy so it says saves me £21.39wooooooo.next tariff is npower saves £14.42wooo.
    next save is eon £2.78 wooooo
    All these tariffs have exit fees tied in im free with coop to leave if i dont like it.
    but hang on i got 11 pounds dividend thats £949 a year plus soon getting 2 percent off my elec thats another tenner off thats around £939 a year snap lol
    FOR ME THERES NO TARIFF CHEAPER THAN MINE NOW PLUS IM NOT TIED IN NO EXIT CHARGES LIKE THE 3 SO CALLED CHEAPER TARIFFS
    TARIFFS dont you hate that word i prefer unit prices kwh and standing charges
  • neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    pooch wrote: »
    In my previous example showing them to be £48 per year more expensive (almost 12% more expensive, even after the 2% reduction in prices), the site suggests the value of any 'points' would only be worth up to £11 ;)

Yes, expensive ;)
    (just like E.on)

Half glass comes to mind
  • I forgot i introduced a friend so that was another £25 pounds off thats cheaper than any other tariff by alot for me
  • I'm tied to BG on web saver 13 till Christmas, I will be changing because they are to dear, but to whom, that is the question?
    any-one got any advise? I,m thinking about CO-OP no ties and clear rates.
  • jonny1945 wrote: »
    I'm tied to BG on web saver 13 till Christmas, I will be changing because they are to dear, but to whom, that is the question?
    any-one got any advise? I,m thinking about CO-OP no ties and clear rates.

:huh:
    I'm sorry, but how have you decided BG are too dear?
    Who have you compared them to?
    Have you used a comparison site? If so, therein lies the answer :)
  • EllenorR wrote: »
    :huh:
    I'm sorry, but how have you decided BG are too dear?
    Who have you compared them to?
    Have you used a comparison site? If so, therein lies the answer :)

Ellenor

Yes I used a comparison site, but thats not necessarily the answer because their quite difficult to understand and there are many people much more savvy than I and possibly you.
    hence the more opinions the better!
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    jonny1945 wrote: »
    Ellenor

Yes I used a comparison site, but thats not necessarily the answer because their quite difficult to understand and there are many people much more savvy than I and possibly you.
    hence the more opinions the better!
    Why do you say the comparison site is not necessarily the answer?
    If you are find the results confusing, most/all comparison sites have a number you can call who will run through the results for you.
    If you didn't understand the results, how do you know BG are too dear?

No one here can advise you of the cheapest supplier for you without having the necessary information you input into the comparison site ... and then you will be provided with the answer the comparison site gave you.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I got an email today telling me as I'm one of their longer-serving customers, the recently announced price reduction won't apply to me. They think they need to compensate later customers who've "borne the brunt" of the increases.

They actually mention I was a customer before May 2011, when my account actually started on 23 August.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure