Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,342Posts
    • 22,200Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 222
    • frugalacademic
    • By frugalacademic 13th Dec 18, 11:45 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    frugalacademic
    Topcashback and World Remit: what's the catch?
    Hi

Just saw an amazing opportunity with Topcashback: if you send >£200 overseas using World Remit you get £55 cashback and you also don't pay fees on your first transfer. That seems too good to be true. In the payout section, it says a whole list of exclusions for payout but I assume regular payout in your bank account is still possible. But as I said: this deal looks too good to be true. Has anyone ever used this service and what are your experiences?
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 13th Dec 18, 12:00 PM
    • 12,693 Posts
    • 8,669 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Hope that you will tell us what happens.
    • dollywops
    • By dollywops 16th Dec 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 2,886 Thanks
    dollywops
    I purchased Admiral car insurance on 4 November and this was tracked and I received an email confirming this from TCB. When I looked at my account the other day, the cashback had been declined. Why?
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@frugalacademic - There are a few terms and conditions outlined on the retailer page and so please check those out. The cashback rate for this purchase has varied over the previous few days and currently stands back up at £15.75 (Plus Members)

@dollywops - For this to be declined fairly quickly it would suggest one of the terms haven't been met but I can check it out if you drop us an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • MidlandsGlory
    • By MidlandsGlory 22nd Dec 18, 11:06 AM
    • 835 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    MidlandsGlory
    Be wary of taking any magazine subscriptions from isubscribe via TCB. don't be drawn by the 10% offer.

I have had two transaction there not track, after a claim I got the usual..

"Regrettably, your claim has been declined. The network agency has not identified ourselves as the last referral for your transaction."

Which is utter tosh, I am not new to this by a long shot, both times done a separate PC I don't 'window shop on' so I know there can't be any other referrers and it has a specifically TCB only clean browser installed. I just go straight to TCB, to the retailer, make transaction, exit. Go back to TCB and check it registered the visit. That is all on that PC. I have a very successful tracking record.
    Hey Everyone

@MidlandsGlory I have taken a look into this retailer and I can see that transactions are tracking and becoming payable.

I am sorry that your decline was for the reason that another channel received the commission for the transaction. We do advise to clear all browser data before each purchase you make and to make sure any ad blockers are disabled.

If we do have this decline we would not be able to overturn this any further as the retailers network has the final say. I am sorry that on this occasion that this resolution was not as positive as we wanted

Merry Christmas and Have a great New Year

From Everyone at TopCashback
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • marianne_13
    • By marianne_13 26th Dec 18, 4:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marianne_13
    Using TopCashBack for in-store groceries
    Hello all,

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for this - I am new to the forums.

I have downloaded the TopCashback App and wanted to scan receipts into it but am unsure of a few things - wondered if anyone could help?

1. I pay in cash in-store for groceries - would I still be eligible for cashback?

2. Is there a way I just scan in lots of receipts for the app to find if there are any eligible items for cashback or do I have to check the items that come up on the App - there doesn't seem to be many items that come up on the In-store Groceries section.

3. How often do the items on offer change? How often would you recommend checking it?

4. How old can the receipt be? Is there a limit on when the purchase was made? It would be easier to check it less frequently with a batch of receipts but perhaps might miss offers if doing this?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    • ppp123
    • By ppp123 26th Dec 18, 6:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ppp123
    Merchant wants to be called to confirm details
    Can TopCashBack please confirm what should be done in this situation:
    I've clicked on a link on your site taking me to Tesco Mobile. After filling in all the details to make a purchase there, including providing my card and account numbers, the merchant said I should call them to confirm my details and gave a reference number.
    I know how capricious your rules are in terms of completing orders wholly online so I am perplexed as to what I should do now.
    I've tried doing the purchase from two different browsers and gave them a couple of email addresses. They still come up with the same message - please give us a call to confirm.
    I want to make sure Tesco Mobile are not interrupting the purchase on purpose when they see that I've come from your site so that later on they or you could deny the cashback using the online only policy excuse.
    Please confirm ASAP what I should do to complete the purchase from them and they/you won't be able to deny me the cashback later on if I call Tesco Mobile as per their own request.
    • jamichi1
    • By jamichi1 27th Dec 18, 9:33 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    jamichi1
    Another shameful response by Topcashback, which instead of focusing on improving their customer services, runs questionable marketing campaigns with b-list celebrities and "chase the bird" games.
    In July 2017, I signed up with Activequote.com Life Insurance for a lucrative £120 cashback. All went well, premiums got paid but (as with many other Topcashback cases), cashback never appeared. I submitted my claim promptly and waited. Two weeks ago (and 17 months after the transaction and the claim submission) I received a message that "the retailed has expired with the affiliate network" and therefore, Topcashback cannot "chase the claim further". So, in brief Topcashback allowed for my claim to stand idle for so long, didn't do anything about it and now sends me annoying messages saying that "they can't do anything about it".
    This is unacceptable; obviously if you leave something for so long, you increase the possibility that it won't get accepted or that the retailer will cease to have an affiliation with the network or Topcashback or the network to close down.
    I don't accept that "cashback isn't guaranteed" as an excuse. I provided the required information, I submitted the claim on time and I do expect that one of the two biggest cashback sites in the U.K. to have guaranteed resolutions (one way or another) within a reasonable timeframe.
    At least on a similar occasion, Quidco would have offered a portion of the cashback from their own pockets. Topcashback prefers to print pompous quotes instead - time to change course.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 28th Dec 18, 4:51 PM
    • 19,934 Posts
    • 14,202 Thanks
    molerat
    Hello all,

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for this - I am new to the forums.

I have downloaded the TopCashback App and wanted to scan receipts into it but am unsure of a few things - wondered if anyone could help?

1. I pay in cash in-store for groceries - would I still be eligible for cashback?

2. Is there a way I just scan in lots of receipts for the app to find if there are any eligible items for cashback or do I have to check the items that come up on the App - there doesn't seem to be many items that come up on the In-store Groceries section.

3. How often do the items on offer change? How often would you recommend checking it?

4. How old can the receipt be? Is there a limit on when the purchase was made? It would be easier to check it less frequently with a batch of receipts but perhaps might miss offers if doing this?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Originally posted by marianne_13
    1. Yes
    2. No, you have to select the item and submit the receipt with that item on it.
    3. Every 2 weeks changing on alternate Thursdays. There are occasionally one off short term, often higher value, offers as well.
    4. You need to purchase the items and submit the scan during the offer period
    Last edited by molerat; 28-12-2018 at 4:54 PM.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • marianne_13
    • By marianne_13 28th Dec 18, 8:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marianne_13
    Thank you molerat for your help!
    Hey Everyone

@marianne_13 Welcome to this forum, @Molerat has beaten me to the information but if you do have any further queries please let me know and I will do my best to help

@ppp123 We would advise to speak with the retailer to ask them why you are unable to complete the purchase online but make sure you do not purchase over the phone as this would be ineligible. We would also advise to clear all browser data again before clicking through our site to make the purchase with the retailer after having the conversation with them.

@jamichi1 I am sorry that you have received this resolution. We do need the claims to be reviewed by the network before the team can be told the outcome so they can resolve your claim. Sometimes this can take time and unfortunately this has resulted in your claim being declined.
    I can assure you that our team do not purposely delay anything and can only work as fast as the information allows them to. I would also like the team to take a closer look into this and we would advise to either email our team or submit a support ticket and we can investigate further.

Best Wishes

Phil
    • jamichi1
    • By jamichi1 5th Jan 19, 1:00 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    jamichi1
    Hey Everyone

@jamichi1 I am sorry that you have received this resolution. We do need the claims to be reviewed by the network before the team can be told the outcome so they can resolve your claim. Sometimes this can take time and unfortunately this has resulted in your claim being declined.
    I can assure you that our team do not purposely delay anything and can only work as fast as the information allows them to. I would also like the team to take a closer look into this and we would advise to either email our team or submit a support ticket and we can investigate further.

Best Wishes

Phil
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative

I have already been in an extended conversation with your colleagues. Sadly, I have received a lot of copied&pasted text from your scripted responses, but no outcome. Therefore, I would request that someone looked into this properly.
    • steve_taylor_
    • By steve_taylor_ 6th Jan 19, 10:09 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    steve_taylor_
    14th June 2017
    Hi Matt,

Happy New Year.

How often do you think I should keep reminding TopCashBack about my outstanding claim.

I now get a monthly duplicate message saying the company is still looking into it as you described below. This is getting extremely exasperating.

Surely the process cannot be so complex that it takes so long.
    1. TopCashBack confirm with supplier that claim is valid.
    2. If claim is valid, supplier pays TopCashBack, TopCashBack pays customer.
    3. If claim is not valid then TopCashBack shows declined and customer is aware.

I am extremely surprised that the above takes over a year.

My next option will be to tweet your brand ambassador, Rachel Riley, telling her the outstanding date and asking her to help with the maths!

Thanks,

Steve

Hey everyone,

@steve_taylor_ - First of all, I am sorry you feel you are getting similar responses but truth be told until we have an outcome for you, we canít offer much in the way of an update which is why you will see us only be able to tell you a limited amount of info.

There are a range of ways our team chase the networks to ensure we get a response this ranges from calls, documents, emails and sometimes can be meetings too. We follow every route we can to get you an update and a response as this is what we want for you.

@Justice13075 Ė This can take seven days to track and as this hasnít tracked you will need to lodge a claim for this I am afraid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hi everyone,

@jamichi1 Ė If you email across to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be sure to check this out for you. I canít promise I can give a different sort of response compared to what you have been given already because if itís something like we havenít been replied to obviously thatís a wall that needs to be broken down before we can give you that answer.

@steve_taylor_ - The honest answer? We are aware when cashback is taking a long time. We keep an eye on our retailers and have a team who speak to networks regularly whether this be about claims or outstanding transactions.

Happy to look into a specific transaction if you drop me an email though 😊

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Lawcraft
    • By Lawcraft 9th Jan 19, 6:15 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Lawcraft
    I now get a monthly duplicate message saying the company is still looking into it as you described below. This is getting extremely exasperating.

Surely the process cannot be so complex that it takes so long.
    1. TopCashBack confirm with supplier that claim is valid.
    2. If claim is valid, supplier pays TopCashBack, TopCashBack pays customer.
    3. If claim is not valid then TopCashBack shows declined and customer is aware.
    I am extremely surprised that the above takes over a year.
    Originally posted by steve_taylor_
    I think the main problem is that some suppliers have bad payment discipline.
    • laudan
    • By laudan 12th Jan 19, 5:00 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    laudan
    Booked a holiday with Expedia paid in full which tracked at correct amount showing pending 18.10.2018, still showing pending now nearly 3 months later should it not have confirmed by now? I raised a ticket and the reply was they are paid in batches I wasn’t asking for it to be paid but just for it to be confirmed.
    Last edited by laudan; 13-01-2019 at 6:29 PM.
    • jamichi1
    • By jamichi1 12th Jan 19, 9:46 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    jamichi1
    Hi everyone,

@jamichi1 Ė If you email across to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be sure to check this out for you. I canít promise I can give a different sort of response compared to what you have been given already because if itís something like we havenít been replied to obviously thatís a wall that needs to be broken down before we can give you that answer.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Dear Matt - I have sent you a message already, so I do hope that someone treats this seriously now. Thanks!
    Hi Everyone,

@ laudan Ė Can I ask when the stay is for please? Even if paying in full the retailer wonít progress this until a few months after the stay to ensure you do pay in full with a non-refundable amount so this may explain it if you havenít stayed yet.

@ jamichi1 Ė Cheers, Iíll check it out and reply asap for you .

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • laudan
    • By laudan 14th Jan 19, 5:26 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    laudan
    [QUOTE=TopCashBack Company Representative;75316133]Hi Everyone,

@ laudan Ė Can I ask when the stay is for please? Even if paying in full the retailer wonít progress this until a few months after the stay to ensure you do pay in full with a non-refundable amount so this may explain it if you havenít stayed yet.

April, just reading on their info itís says after it has tracked it should confirm in a few days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,564Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin