Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 9th Jan 19, 4:50 PM
    • 1,188Posts
    • 2,146Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    0 WOW
    Amazon deliveries.
    • 9th Jan 19, 4:50 PM
    0 WOW
    Amazon deliveries. 9th Jan 19 at 4:50 PM
    Want to order an item off Amazon thatís sold by a third party but fulfilled by Amazon. Itís about the size of a small airline carry on case and weighs around 5kg with a value of £325.

As Iím not going to be at home when they deliver theyíll almost certainly try a neighbor. Thing is I live in a mansion block where thereís a lot of work going on and Iíll concerned that a workman will sign for it and disappear with it. Itís to big and heavy to have it sent to work etc.

In the past Iíve had a delivery on a Sunday (which would be perfect) after a failed delivery in the week.

I canít see how to select a Sunday delivery..... any ideas? Is it possible? I do have Prime.
    Thanks.
Page 1
    • MushyPeas
    • By MushyPeas 9th Jan 19, 4:52 PM
    • 3,073 Posts
    • 7,817 Thanks
    MushyPeas
    • 9th Jan 19, 4:52 PM
    • 9th Jan 19, 4:52 PM
    Use an Amazon locker, there is likely to be one nearby.
    Previous debt: £14K Debt free: Sept '03 MFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £3433.72/£12000 2019 Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 Feb: £88.79/£280
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 9th Jan 19, 5:00 PM
    • 2,108 Posts
    • 1,798 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 9th Jan 19, 5:00 PM
    • 9th Jan 19, 5:00 PM
    Use an Amazon locker, there is likely to be one nearby.
    Originally posted by MushyPeas

At carry case size? Not a chance.

OP: For a specific delivery you have to select nominated day and it costs more.
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 11th Jan 19, 5:21 PM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 2,146 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    • 11th Jan 19, 5:21 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 5:21 PM
    Thanks both.... Amazon Locker isn’t really an option as I don’t want to lug the item home. Interestingly although the cast majoritysaid the item was too big for an AL there was 1 that would have accepted it.

Couldn’t see how I could select a Sunday. Any emergency over as a friend will come over and house sit on Thursday to accept the delivery.

It’s interesting that buying online seems to have improved light years but the actual getting the stuff still seems to be in the dark ages.
    Anyway.
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 15th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    • 5,827 Posts
    • 16,817 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    • 15th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    • 15th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    If you order on a Saturday wouldn't prime deliver Sunday ?
    Be careful who you entrust with the care of you vulnerable loved ones thereís a lot of bottom feeding scum posing as normal human beings !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

1,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• It isn't statistically representative true. But to say that tells us nothing isn't correct. It shows what people i? https://t.co/JBLu6Cd8a5

• Very interesting that on my Facebook page (which tends to be more pro Brexit) the same vote, with similar number of? https://t.co/NgYxaQDCnr

• Follow Martin