Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 30th Dec 18, 6:12 PM
    • 3,654Posts
    • 589Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    0 WOW
    Kids shoes but adults size?
    • 30th Dec 18, 6:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Kids shoes but adults size? 30th Dec 18 at 6:12 PM
    https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/nike-nike-air-max-90-leather-younger-kids-shoe/018615/

"younger kids shoe".

Essentially the same shoe as the adults except it's leather and not mesh foot and it's 50 not 100.

Looking at the sizes: 1, 2, 2.5 all sound like kids sizes to me which is fair enough.

But 10, 11, 12 & 13 read as adult sizes to me yet the price doesn't change from 50.

What number does 'kids' sizes stop at?

Page 1
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 30th Dec 18, 7:08 PM
    • 8,890 Posts
    • 29,092 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 30th Dec 18, 7:08 PM
    • 30th Dec 18, 7:08 PM
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 30th Dec 18, 7:10 PM
    • 8,890 Posts
    • 29,092 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 30th Dec 18, 7:10 PM
    • 30th Dec 18, 7:10 PM
    Notice there is a clear UK Tax (VAT) issue with size
    4.3 Footwear
    HMRC will accept that footwear is designed for young people when the following measurements are met:

boys shoes - up to and including size 6
    girls court shoes (that is a low cut shoe without straps or other fastenings) - up to (and including) size 3
    other girls shoes - up to (and including) size 3, and sizes 3 to 5 as long as the heel height does not exceed the sole depth by more than 4cm (approx 1⅔ inches)
    The trick is to find shoes "Held out for retail sale" as children's shoes that you are prepared to consider wearing. Which in part is why the nursing vocation is strongly recommended to come alongside a size 5 & a half or smaller shoe size.
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 30th Dec 18, 9:22 PM
    • 3,654 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    • 30th Dec 18, 9:22 PM
    • 30th Dec 18, 9:22 PM
    Not really sure what you said in your second post there but i'm taking that these will actually be childrens sizes after all. I thought they'd maybe just put them on the website wrong. With it having been a few years since i was needing kids shoes i can't even remember what the numbers went up to.

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 31st Dec 18, 8:46 AM
    • 21,757 Posts
    • 58,885 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 31st Dec 18, 8:46 AM
    • 31st Dec 18, 8:46 AM
    Not really sure what you said in your second post there but i'm taking that these will actually be childrens sizes after all. I thought they'd maybe just put them on the website wrong. With it having been a few years since i was needing kids shoes i can't even remember what the numbers went up to.
    Originally posted by JustAnotherSaver
    Yes.
    The sizes you mention - 10 11 12 & 13 are children's sizes.
    After 13, it goes to 1 2 3.

I sometimes buy children's size shoes.
    As you've noticed, it's often cheaper - but only if they fit.

The whole shoe sizing system is a bit 'off'.
    Some manufacturers class a size 3 as EU 35.5 (M&S, Next) and some class a size 3 as EU36 (Doc Marts, UGG).
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 31st Dec 18, 5:38 PM
    • 3,654 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    • 31st Dec 18, 5:38 PM
    • 31st Dec 18, 5:38 PM
    Yeah i get the EU thing. I just thought childrens shoes stopped at around 10 for some reason.
    Then when i went on the sizing chart on the website it didn't go to 13 which made me wonder if they were adult figures or not.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,028Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• It isn't statistically representative true. But to say that tells us nothing isn't correct. It shows what people i? https://t.co/JBLu6Cd8a5

• Very interesting that on my Facebook page (which tends to be more pro Brexit) the same vote, with similar number of? https://t.co/NgYxaQDCnr

• Follow Martin