Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Comments

• older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Its not even allowing me to register although i've put all my details in and then it just says the page has been reset and can't connect. not a good start to this new online account from aqua.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is everywhere on the new website: "© 2012 aqua"

This must mean they have planned this new website well ahead, that's why it's working so well now :)
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Uplink wrote: »
    So I'm not allowed to use Keepass2 now? :)

Well... I can interpret that like this: Keeping the Keepass2 database on an external hard drive - thus not on my computer, but slightly next to it :p - is OK. :D

Note where it says "and the fact that they are for use with your accounts".

So I guess they are try to stop people from doing along the likes of "This is my password for my Aqua credit card online services", but if you store them under another name like Walter Hill (director of Brewsters Millions if you can't work out the connection), then you'll be fine.
  • Uplink
    Hominu wrote: »
    Note where it says "and the fact that they are for use with your accounts".

So I guess they are try to stop people from doing along the likes of "This is my password for my Aqua credit card online services", but if you store them under another name like Walter Hill (director of Brewsters Millions if you can't work out the connection), then you'll be fine.

Hmm... I wonder if they're allowed to be sneaky, and ask you if you stored your password anywhere, and if it was encrypted (a diversion, to make you trust them with your answer more), and then throw their hands in the air when you admit to it, and deny liability.

When that questions appears then, the answer should be "no sir/ma'am, I held it all in my head, honest; I didn't encrypt it with ROT26 on a post-it note stuck to my monitor, not me" :D
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well I re-registered this morning, registration confirmed OK but unexpected error when I log in.

They've replaced one broken online account servicing system with another... broken online account servicing system.

In fact, it's the one Sygma / Creation used to use isn't it? Yeah, it never worked reliably for Creation, either.

Go Aqua! :T
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Coming up to my card anniversary date in a couple of weeks. Couple of questions...

Has anyone received their cashback yet?

and

Can you start earning cashback again from the day of the card anniversary?

I know some of you applied a month or 2 before me so hopefully someone will have passed their anniversary date buy now. Thanks :)
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    i've tried both chrome and firefox without success it just says connection stopped ii'll try again later today or tomorrow. as izools said it doesn't give you confidence if on the first day its launched they are having problems. I was told i'd get my cashback on my august statement a month after my anniversary. Hopefully cashback will continue as its a decent card if you put the effort in.
  • Uplink
    izools wrote: »
    They've replaced one broken online account servicing system with another... broken online account servicing system.

The old website actually worked. Sure, it was slow at times, but if you were a werewolf, like I am, you could log in once the moon was high :D
  • Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Its identical to the Vanquis logon.
    Works perfectly for me first time.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Reregistered yesterday and logged in twice today.

No problem (and a lot quicker than it used to be)
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure