Tui Manchester

Fortyfoot
Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 11 October 2019 at 7:26PM in Flight delay compensation
4.45 flight today from Man to Ibiza delayed due to repairs being needed! They say the new time will be 7.30 this evening, 2.75 hours they hope!

[IMG][/img]20191011-174108.jpgfree photo hosting

It's possibly a storey!

6.50 we got a last call for boarding, 15 minute walk from cafes back to A4.

Then at 7.15 announced that the engineer working on the plane had used up his hours and they are now waiting for another engineer. Is this another Tui allnighter?

Fortyfoot

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Is there a question?
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It'll probably take a little longer if going on just the one engine.
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2019 at 9:01AM
    bagand96 wrote: »
    It'll probably take a little longer if going on just the one engine.

Yep, new engineer arrived, said it would take an hour!

That should make us more than three hours late arriving.

We used Bott and Co to make a claim last year, got nothing. Any suggestions fo a a good claims company?

Update, we should have landed at 20.25, did not land till 00.15.

I am looking into making the claim myself.

Fortyfoot
  • If you arrive more than 3 hours late, put your details into bottonline and euclaim if they say you are due compensation, fill in the claim form on the TUI website and if there is a comments section say if they deny compensation can the send you a deadlock letter so you can go to arbitration.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Better they found the fault whilst you were on the ground rather than inflight. Compo is really not what it should be all about.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Westin wrote: »
    Better they found the fault whilst you were on the ground rather than inflight. Compo is really not what it should be all about.

Nah... TUI should’ve just closed the hatches, kept their fingers crossed, and departed on time. I mean the odds of a smoking hole in the ground are pretty low, right?
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    For late arrival: The MSE promoted Resolver misleadingly lists TUI as a company you can manage your claim with via a Resolver case. Don't bother, it'll just lead to a massive delay where you eventually discover that TUI doesn't recognise Resolver.

The TUI website has a not-obvious link to an online method direct with them. My last experience was an 8 hour delay possibly due to pilot shortage that TUI probably knew about in advance. They put their tour customers on an earlier plane out and flyers only on a later flight as 1st flight was full. Using the direct method to get compensation worked in the end but TUI sure needed nudging.

If they'd offered £100 voluntarily straight up, I might well have accepted it. But they offered nothing. In the end got £250 odd which was double the actual fare.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    This should be on the Tui Thomson thread.....
    link to claim page:
    https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/contact-us/flight-delays
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • What people fail to realise is that airlines will screw passengers who are legally due compensation. Until the airlines comply with the law they should be challenged.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I’d rather they sorted the technical issue out and rectified before I was flying on the plane. Better to take the time to have the mechanics fit properly rather than think at 2h59min ‘!!!!!! it, best let it go so we don’t have to pay out Compo’.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure