New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Thank you. I don't think I'll be running another marathon anytime soon, pp.....I managed a bit of work in the gym this evening, but upper body work only still.

It's all good thought I just need to keep patient!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Patient .... :rotfl: sorry :p

I need to buy a contract free phone to faff about with sb again - I did it one time, and I was very aware of how many offers I was missing out on.

I have a really, really stupid question though (bearing in mind that smartphones have really passed me by :o:o:o) - when I go online with the data allowance of my smartphone, how do I know when I've gone offline, so I don't go over the data allowance? Do I click something or just close down the browser? :o:o:o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • On mine, there is an icon on "settings" for me to put mobile data on and off. I only have a limited amount of data, though, so try and connect over wifi instead which is, essentially, free, and there is no chance of going over your limit.

and yes, patient.....I keep saying it over and over again to try and get used to the idea. I'm hoping the concept will sink in soon!

In money making stuff today, £11.10 hit my money-for-nothing account from Z!ff!t today. Also went to a seminar for which I will get more in milage allowance than it cost me to attend so that will help boost the coffers by a few ££ too in due course.

Other than that, nothing to report....hoping for a NSD today - am doing ok so far.
  • And it's Friday again - another week closer to being MF. (and a day closer to the weekend, much needed!!).

Another £5 hit my account from SB last night just before I went to bed so that was nice to see. I got a survey done on the bus on the way into work this morning but I don't think I will be able to get up to the next payout today. Something to work on over the weekend, though.

DH has been off work this week and decorating the spare room. As a result the whole house looks temporarily like the proverbial bomb has hit it, so I need to get on top of that over the weekend. I will try and use it as an opportunity to dig out some more z!ff!t items and maybe even dip my toe back into [EMAIL="eb@y"]eb@y[/EMAIL] after a very long break.....we shall see!

I had a NSD yesterday. Today won't be - DH has been put on the FODMAP diet for 6 weeks following a virus so I need to rethink my food plan for the week and we can't make use of all those tins of chickpeas and beans that I have! They will have to be bulk cooked into lunches for me that can go in the freezer so it won't go to waste, it just means I need to thinking again about main meals and his breakfasts for a while. No big deal just a bit spendy.

Happy Friday everyone
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    On mine, there is an icon on "settings" for me to put mobile data on and off. I only have a limited amount of data, though, so try and connect over wifi instead which is, essentially, free, and there is no chance of going over your limit..
    Thanks for that - there's a button like that buried deep in my Settings panel, but thinking about it there's also a way to put apps on the home screen ... quick is good!

I also found out yesterday where my sister bought her unlocked Samsun Mini so I'm nearly ready to roll on this :j

Hope you both get some downtime over the weekend - between you leaving your crutches behind, and DH's virus, sounds like you need it.

Happy Friday :A
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    HAPPY FRiday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Happy Friday indeed - a free £1 given to me by the b!ngo site was played on one solitary game.....and £18 of winnings was swiftly requested as a withdrawal! I'm not daft enough to be tempted to play it through, as the money is much better in my account than back in their coffers. Hopefully it will arrive in the bank early next week. A nice little bonus there!

And for all my saying that I wouldn't get close to payout on SB again, I've had a couple of decent surveys that I managed to bag at lunchtime so may be able to request another £5 this evening after all.

And its almost the weekend. Can't be much better than that!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • A fairly quiet weekend. Football yesterday but I didn't go to the pub after so no real spends there. DD was home for the weekend so we had some good quality time. DS was skiing yesterday but was off work today so we had a rare Sunday lunch for all 4 of us, which was nice. DH has gone to a conference now so after I dropped him at the station I went to aldi and tesco. It was, I am ashamed to say, only the first time I had been to Aldi. I was quite impressed with some of the stuff so will definitely use it again. It doesn't have enough "free from" stuff to allow me to do all my shopping there, but it will help the budget stretch a bit further for some areas of the shopping.

Meals have been prepped for lunches for the week and I'm now collapsed on the sofa where I have control of the remote!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you have had a nice weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure