ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Can anyone quote the specifics of what Erudio are allowed to request as evidence for income? Not what they say they can request, but the official line on what evidence is sufficient for deferment?
  • plong979
    plong979 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Should be the same as the SLC. There is a link on CAG forum in a sticky with the document about what SLC staff used.
  • Lungboy
    Thanks. It's just the FOS are siding with Erudio and agreeing that they can refuse redacted wage slips on the grounds that Erudio need to see all the info to work out income. I want to know what the original paperwork says, and I can't find my copies. I'll have a look on CAG.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Surely all the would require is a P60?. This would provide them with all your earnings for that Tax year.

As it is an official document, refusing to accept it would surely be grounds for a complaint to the FOS.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Lungboy
    They will accept a p60, but I don't want to give them that for the same reason I don't want to give them unredacted wage slips: anything other than my gross pay in the 3 months prior to deferment is none of their business.
  • JeLaw
    JeLaw Posts: 172 Forumite
    Lungboy, I thought we only had to provide evidence of our income for the month prior to deferment (not three months)?

I've always been extra-cautious and given three months - but didn't think this was strictly necessary.
  • Lungboy
    It's not strictly necessary, we need to give the month prior and they can ask us to provide some evidence of what the next 3 months are likely to be. I've always given 3 for the same reason as you.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    For anyone with mortgage-style loans, the deferment threshold will be £29,219 from September (up from £29,126):

http://www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=93,3866911&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
  • does anyone know what the interest rate is going up to?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    does anyone know what the interest rate is going up to?

3.1% (March RPI)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure