Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• icharus wrote: »
    That is something I liked about EON - the speed of calculating meter readings.

Yes, and the ease of the app. Unfortunately, not so keen on their prices this time around!

Out of interest, Hengus, was the bill you received for the month of December, dated yesterday, or was it for usage up to yesterday, using the reading you gave in Dec?
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We just have electric from Iresa. (Our gas is from Zog).
    Switch completed to Iresa at the beginning of December from E.on.
    (Was on v19 with E.on, but switched early to get slightly cheaper tariff for a full year).
    Just received 1st Monthly Energy Bill from Iresa, which correctly shows opening reading and the reading they asked for on 20th of December. No estimate till the end of the month; but "bill" covers to end of December. Have found that all readings so far, show up in the on-line account within a couple of working days, so easy to keep track of.
    Not so quick as E.on to produce account updates and bills, but not bothered about that, as we now have a tariff that is slightly cheaper than e.on v19 for the rest of this year!
    Had no problems with Customer Service so far; they have replied to any queries raised within a reasonable time.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We just have electric from Iresa. (Our gas is from Zog).
    Switch completed to Iresa at the beginning of December from E.on.
    (Was on v19 with E.on, but switched early to get slightly cheaper tariff for a full year).
    Just received 1st Monthly Energy Bill from Iresa, which correctly shows opening reading and the reading they asked for on 20th of December. No estimate till the end of the month; but "bill" covers to end of December. Have found that all readings so far, show up in the on-line account within a couple of working days, so easy to keep track of.
    Not so quick as E.on to produce account updates and bills, but not bothered about that, as we now have a tariff that is slightly cheaper than e.on v19 for the rest of this year!
    Had no problems with Customer Service so far; they have replied to any queries raised within a reasonable time.

Bill based on a meter reading of the 20th but standing charges to the 31st is just plain daft - if that is what you are saying?. It means that any credit balance shown on the bill is meaningless.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    Bill based on a meter reading of the 20th but standing charges to the 31st is just plain daft - if that is what you are saying?. It means that any credit balance shown on the bill is meaningless.
    Standing charge is just till 20th Dec, same as the last reading provided.
  • System
    Standing charge is just till 20th Dec, same as the last reading provided.

Ok that makes more sense. I do wish though that suppliers would put this level of detail in a Welcome Pack.
  • So, I had an email from Iresa this morning to say that I had a bill, so thought I had spoken too soon yesterday.

Just logged in, and yet again the bill has no charges on it (not even standing charges) with a message that no meter readings have been provided, so I think I will drop them a message as something clearly isn't right!
  • One thing I've just noticed that I quite like is that there is a history of queries/complaints (even those raised on the phone, not through online contact) under "help & support" on your account, so you can see their notes and the status of the query. Really like that visibility...
  • System
    One thing I've just noticed that I quite like is that there is a history of queries/complaints (even those raised on the phone, not through online contact) under "help & support" on your account, so you can see their notes and the status of the query. Really like that visibility...

They do have a slightly annoying habit of answering questions and then closing off the question with a RESOLVED - leaving no opportunity to ask a supplementary.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    They do have a slightly annoying habit of answering questions and then closing off the question with a RESOLVED - leaving no opportunity to ask a supplementary.

I've got the opposite, my query from November is still Open, despite the fact it was resolved!
  • System
    Ok - an update for those considering a move to Iresa. My gas account online account went live today. Sadly, it was incorrect. Iresa had imported meter readings that I gave to my previous supplier and updated my transactions page to a date three weeks BEFORE the transfer went through. This immediately put my gas account into debit. To complicate matters further. Iresa failed to ask for a switch meter reading (to be more accurate they asked for a meter reading for the 27th December 2015!!). This has resulted in an industry estimated reading 80CM3s out.

In the 2 months or so that it has taken Iresa to set up my online account, my old supplier has closed my account. After 10 minutes on the phone, Iresa has agreed to use this reading to open my account.

I have also looked carefully at the multiplier that Iresa uses to calculate the kWh figure.

Their statements say:

Suppliers are required to maintain a calorific value between a legal limit of 38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3. Our calorific value = 40.3841MJ/M3
    - Conversion from M3 to KWH: Multiplier = 40.3841 * 1.02264 /3.6 = 11.47177
    - Conversion from FT3 to KWH: Multiplier = 2.83 * 40.3841 * 1.02264 /3.6 = 32.4651

It would seem to me that Iresa is using this figure - which as Molerat helpfully pointed out is a breach of the Licence regulations:

Calorific values vary and the figure quoted on your bill (eg 39.5 megajoules per cubic metre (MJ/m³)) will be an average of the gas supplied to your property (the regulations explain how this is calculated). Gas transporters are required to maintain this figure within 38 MJ/m³ to 41 MJ/m³.

CVs should be to 1 decimal point.

In sum, suppliers are to use CVs provided to them by the gas transporters not some arbitrary figure that they have calculated. Looking back over the past 2 years, the CV of the gas supplied to my property has been in the range 39.2 to 39.4*. The difference between 40.3841 and 39.4 isn't great but it adds up to pennies on every bill. Others might like to check their statements for the CV used.

* As shown on my Final Bill from Zog covering the period 31st October to 5th December 2016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure