Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Comments

• craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    myz, lucy, choccy,hope you all feel better soon.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Hi All Just got back from hols, lots of MUD to clean up from everything, will catch up later.

Page 87 !!!! Blimey it'll take some time to catch up with you gasbags lol xx
  • Morning all. :)
    Myz and Lucy - sorry you're feeling so bad, hope you both feel better soon. x
    Choccy - any ideas how long your recuperation is likely to be? Hope it's not too long and you feel better soon. x
    Rusty and Polly - Great cards on your blogs, I will try (again :rolleyes:) to leave comments. Rusty, have you bought the gorjuss stamp on your latest cards? I'm so jealous!
    Furry - some of the promarker sets are also available on the Hobbycraft website at half price. Delivery is free if you spend over £25.
    Hello to sillyinthepast; great user name :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and that anyone going away gets good weather and quiet roads. :)

ETA: Welcome back flourgirl :)
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • hi,
    as i mentioned earlier, im going to nyc in few days, although my friend is not crafty im still hoping to get into a craft shop when there!!!! So i thought possibily martha stewart range would be cheaper out there:confused: and ive had my eye on a scallop circle punch for a while what size would you suggest i get ? is 3" too big?
    any other suggestiongs:rolleyes:
  • Lucy_Lu_4
    Lucy_Lu_4 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Thank you all for your kind get well wishes and about the zip wire.

As you can see, I'm still here, but I haven't had anything to eat yet, am scared to.

I am doing the zip wire over Loch Lomond next Sunday to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Relief, a charity close to my heart. A friend and I are doing it together and my mum has dared us to wear kilts and she'll sponsor us more if we do, so the challenge is on!

This is a picture of the exact zip wire, although ours has been changed to be longer and heigher. It was already the longest zip wire in the UK, so it's know even longer...

imaging.ashx?type=convert&imagetype=frpphoto&width=250&image=82009%5C07c5928d-ac54-43f8-b3e5-9d232f6c204a.jpg

If anyone would like to give a donation to Macmillan, send me a PM and I will send you my just giving page.

I am off to try and eat something now...
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Pinkladymel - I bought the blender pen in Sillymonkeycraft's sale a few weeks ago - I still haven't used it yet.

Gemm - my problem is the opposite to yours - there's so much that I want to buy!!!

Lucy Lu - that zip wire looks amazing, I couldn't do it though - I'm a wimp!

Polly - another beautiful card, I love how you've coloured your flower!

Rusty - I managed to pick up a few matchboxes the other day - have you started yours yet????
  • salesadmin
    salesadmin Posts: 271 Forumite
    oh dear, I went off this morning for my birthday shopping spree and spent £100 of OH's money eeeek! I now have lots more clear stamps as well as a crop-o-dile big bite and loads of little bits and bobs and plenty more card blanks! I've taken a picture of my new stash so will put it on my blog later.

I'm a bit gutted as I wanted labels one nestabilities but they didn't have any so going to get them online!

I hope people are feeling better soon.

Lucy Lu - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek is all I can say, you are braver than I am!
    Married 5th June 2010
    1st Baby born 12th April 2011:j
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Welcome back Flourgirl - It'll take you ages to catch up I'm struggling & I've been here all the time.....

Some of you helped last week about the concertina tri fold cards I was asking about. Well, I looked at some in a different shop yesterday & they were as I thought they should be, so, I'm taking mine back to where I got them from this afternoon.....wish me luck....
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ooh lots happening with everyone!

Sadly my plans for the weekend were cancelled :cry: FIL is poorly so can't stay with them in Dorset so wishing him well but sad we aren't having a weekend near the seaside with them.
    So we went to the cinema (a rare event in our house!) we used Odeon Kids club £2.50per child and adult gopes free so £5 for the 4 of us and saw monsters v aliens! Had no food in at all so went to M&S and bought 2 of their dine in for £10 meals as a treat!!! Well we would have spent quite a lot on petrol and would normally take the inlaws out for lunch so prob saved money in the end!

I am gonna book my train tickets soon for the NEC soon, for the Friday me thinks, trying to get them booked before the price goes up! Was anyone else going from 'down South' in the end??????
  • ooooh dear Furrypig. Hope FIL feels better soon.

JHB Im not too sure to be honest.I think about 2 weeks.. Its so hard as i really really want to craft but im still aching. I have the new Magnolia stamp club stamps sat here asking me to stamp them. But im not sure if i could manage one handed stamping still.

Well ive read Creativity and Cardmaking & papercraft from cover to cover... Hmmmmm now what can i do ?
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure