What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 4 September

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I have designed my first three cards, that's the easy/fun bit for me, getting to grips with Amazon is going to be the difficult bit!

I've sold three things on ebay (all the same but listed them separately) all to the same person and they went on when the fees were capped at £1. They will cost a bit to send but I think I'll still make about £45 :j

The FB person decided against the diet stuff, despite telling her I am home all week and she could pick it up any time she liked apparently she couldn't make it :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Morning :hello: happy hump day :p hope today is better cat yesterday sounds far from ideal, al least after today you're nearer to the weekend than not.

My list for today:
    Check banking - done. Only £16.27 left in the bills account and I don't get paid until next Friday :eek: BUT only £16.27 of DD to come out :T I love budgeting :o
    Check surveys, FPL
    Both smalls at school and I'm officially on 'holiday' but have a bit of work to do, will try and get some jobs done
    Want to remove last of wardrobes from our bedroom
    Sort through three boxes from my business that are in there,
    Take return back to town and library books (been procrastinating about this for ages) they have at least made it to my car :rotfl:
    Not buy anything else in town
    Freeze some stuff from fridge, made a large quiche yesterday which I will portion up and there is left over sausage plait from tea
    Some knitting tonight
    Put present away I bought yesterday that was on offer
    Lots of washing and dry outside whilst it's not raining

Enjoy your day peeps. Hope you didn't get too wet yesterdayfoxgloves today looks better.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2017 at 5:52PM
    Morning :) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my 2nd and last day off of the week :j so far I am LOVING my new working pattern. I worked hard & was productive yesterday, looked at the clock and it was 12.10 and only had 1.50 hrs left till the end of the day :T Long may it continue! I need something to pep me up at work...

House currently asleep and I've had the last hour to drink coffee, journal, and just generally gather my thoughts :D

Today:

* [STRIKE]get madam ready for school [/STRIKE]- we're still trying to work out our morning schedule, which still needs some work! Madam's anxiety about school is meaning she is being less than cooperative at times :mad: Today's mantra - I will be calm! we cracked it! :T trialed a new routine -
    she can watch ipad while she drinks hot chocolate for 10 mins and I put the timer on the ipad. When it shuts down she then came hnd had breakfast, got dressed and ready and then she had 15 mins more of ipad/play time while I finished getting ready. Phew last 2 mornings had been stressful but today was serene, everyone happy and peaceful. Made a difference on the way to school she was much more loving and happy :A

* [STRIKE]put lo's in tupperware for oh's lunch[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] freeze portion of bean goulash for dinner for me another night ;)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* going to the lottie first thing after dropping madam off. Will take a flask of coffee ;) I am now starting on the autumn clear up. Hoping to dig over a reasonable patch :D[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]* bed being delivered today. [/STRIKE]Keeping fingers crossed it will be delivered before I pick up madam as today it's the first ballet day of term... Take book to have 45 mins of reading time :D [/STRIKE]
    * Check tyre pressure & clean car
    * make a batch of roasted tom sauce and freeze in portions
    [STRIKE]* bake cake while oven is on[/STRIKE]
    * check meal plan and get something out of freezer for oh & madam. I'll have some of the leftovers in the fridge ;)
    * [STRIKE]exercise for free[/STRIKE] 10 mins power walk back from school drop off and then did 10 mins hula hooping :D
    *[STRIKE] housework[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] load of washing out on the line.[/STRIKE] Machine refilled with a wash to do tonight (so I can get it on the line before work tomorrow ;))
    * have batch made pancakes for breakfast or freeze so they don't go to waste ;)
    * speak to mil about coming to collect madam with me either today or tomorrow so she knows where she needs to go Friday
    *[STRIKE] soak bag of chickpeas [/STRIKE]to make some hummous later. Will freeze in 200gm portions what isn't needed for hummous ;)
    * SFD :)
    * [STRIKE]read the newsletter[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]check banking & do money shuffle [/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]onepoll[/STRIKE]

Oh my that's loads! I need to remember she's only at school for 6 hours!

Ok going to finish my coffee and go and wake madam. Happy hump day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hey lovely ladies :wave:

Love the cards FVD! I can see you at doing this full time. :T I watched dragons den the other night with the woman selling her knitted hats for £50 and wondered why I still haven't got my 'not on the high street' shop set up yet... :think:

CCL - I would be so fuming with your DD's school and sending them the definition of suede vs canvas. How shocking that they didn't check anyone was home. :mad:

HK - Great news about your daughter :beer:

Big hugs to everyone else! :grouphug:

I need to get into work early today - finishing early to take pooch face to the vets for his annual check.

Also desperately need to get home insurance sorted this eve given ridiculous renewal quote sent from current provider. There's no way I'm going with them on principal since they rejected my cashback claim after I bought last year's policy. :p

I went shopping yesterday with my 8% discount card. I honestly believe the 3 for £10 at M&S is the best deal... (Please let me know if you think I could've got this cheaper...:))Yesterday I got 8 marinated chicken legs, 2 x lamb leg steaks, 2 x sea bass fillets for just £9.20 with my discount (think the sea bass is about £5.50 on its own!), then also got 6 venison sausages and 8 really nice looking pieces of bacon for £4.60. :T Then a trip to the veg man at the market - got a massive bag full for £8.50. So that is most of my weekly shop for £22.30. :T I can then get little top up bits and pieces - milk, bread, snacks for work - and we will be sorted for £30 a week. :T

Just the usual for me food wise:
    - Cheapo porridge brekkie
    - Packed lunch
    - Batch cooking tonight or at least sorting tomorrow's packed lunch if not :naughty:

Coming home at lunch time - no day care for pooch face.

Oooh, might this be another NSD if my only spend is the £5 work parking?!?!? :D No, wait, I need to spend around £120 on home insurance... :rotfl:

Must dash my lovely lot!
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning you too - sneaked in while I was posting :D
  • morning you ;) sounds like a productive day ahead!

Meat deal seems like a goodun :) I'm debating whether to buy a whole lamb. Cost is £100 but you get loads of meat! £100 seems a lot when I don't even eat meat :) might see if anyone wants to split it....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • morning you ;) sounds like a productive day ahead!

Meat deal seems like a goodun :) I'm debating whether to buy a whole lamb. Cost is £100 but you get loads of meat! £100 seems a lot when I don't even eat meat :) might see if anyone wants to split it....
    I'd definitely buy it if it was me, but then I do love lamb but that's an excellent price, lamb is so darn expensive :eek:

La e sounds barginous, may have a look whilst I'm in town although our marks in only tiny. I get 8% discount too and I've not thought of spending it on food before :o
  • Morning everyone
    Still shattered, my body is still suffering after the weekend.
    Want to try and get a productive day in today. The house is still upside down after the decorator being in. Would like it to be fairly decent with DD boyfriend coming to stay this weekend.
    Hoping B@Q will be kind later, I have some paint to take back but threw the receipt after the close of last month's budget. I can't believe I have been such a muppet. I do need other bits from there so hoping they will be nice.
    Thank you for everyone's kind wishes regarding DD. She leaves for uni a week on Friday and will start on an elite athlete program along with doing her degree. This was so unexpected, the aim is Tokyo, just have to see where it leads DD. Even though she is in catered accommodation, we have a build up of snacks and bars going on, I buy everytime I see a special offer.
    Also hunted round for a deal for a quilt for DD, managed to buy one in Matal@n that was reduced.
    I also picked up a couple of bits that have been reduced in the going back to school sale in asd@ that will make fab presents for next year, I'm not going to update my present total until 2018. have several birthday presents ready for next year.
    Banking and DD all checked, household finances doing really well.
    I'm with purps I love this budgeting, I certainly wouldn't have been doing this a few years ago.
    CCL here's hoping that you have a better day today, what an awful start yesterday.
    Right best get myself moving or its never going to happen.
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all, that sounds like quite a haul, La E, I never think to shop for food at M&S.

I was woken early by the furry, black thing purring and nuzzling me, who needs an alarm clock?!

I need to package and drop my eBay sales to the shop. I have another buyer worrying they won't get their item by the weekend but they ordered late Saturday night and they live in NI. I hope they don't think they can return it if it doesn't arrive in time, I actually dropped it at the shop at 8am on Sunday morning so I have done as much as I can but there are no collections on Sundays.

Today I need to design a logo (hate doing logos) and contact the designer of a font I want to licence to do it all legit, I don't want to steal it even though he is in the Philipines and would never know because I wouldn't like it done to me.

I want to empty some stuff from my car and photograph some more stuff to sell while the sun is shining. I have a man coming to fit my new desk/shelf/thingy on Saturday and I've managed to fund it with selling stuff with some change left over.

I'm going to apply to my local council for a start up grant, I just hope it won't backfire with them wanting to charge me business rates. Maybe I will make a few enquiries first.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2017 at 6:37PM
    Morning all :)
    Hoping for a productive day today :)
    Moneysaving bits so far:
    Refilled posh handwash container in bathroom (with original contents this was a gift) with Sainsburys own brand handwash which is good quality, the same pretty blue colour, and to be honest I can't detect any difference! The bottle does look prettier than the Sainsbugs one though :cool:
    Tidied kitchen - can't do the food stuff intended today till this is done!
    Sorted out the random bowls of tomatoes that I had everywhere - green ones once again separated from red (for obvious reasons this needs doing regularly) yucky ones in compost, and very ripe ones chopped up in processor to make chopped tomatoes. Froze these!
    Picked a few red chillis, got the rest of the red ones out of the freezer to deseed for a batch of chilli jam once they warm up a bit :)Had a bit of a disaster here, the recipe says 'jam sugar'. I had in the cupboard preserving sugar, which I assumed is the same - it isn't, it didn't set, and I now have 6 jars of sweet chilli sauce. Not all bad I suppose, but I will remember the distinction (Google tells me that jam sugar has added pectin, and preserving sugar is just sugar!).
    Load of washing in :)

Still to do:
    Peg washing out once done, as it looks to be a nice day today :)Done, all dry and waiting to be put away (ironed in a few cases)
    Found a nice recipe for courgette, pea and pesto soup that I will try :)Didn't get to this
    Do daily scan of fridge contents to see what needs using or freezing :)Found some peppers that are getting a bit soft, used some of these chopped up for the stale bread pizzas I made, chopped the rest and froze.
    Check banks Still to do
    Check for surveys Just a few for onepoll so far
    Work on shopping list - but I see no need to go today (and I will strangle OH if he goes again without a list :mad:) In progress, will probably go tomorrow
    OH out this afternoon / early evening and there will be a BBQ - so no need to cook dinner tonight, plenty of bits to eat :cool: OH bought back an unopened bag of salad and some cakes, free food :)
    Sort out one drawer - getting cluttered again :(
    Some cleaning :(
    Ironing :(

OK, coffee break then best get on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business