What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 4 September

What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 4 September
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2017 at 10:26AM
    Morning :) Arggggghhhhh! Big day for us! Just up enjoying some quiet time before I need to get madam up and ready.

I was hoping to go to the allotment today but I've work up and it's raining and it's been raining quite heavily :( That means it's going to be a home day.

To do:

* [STRIKE]pay cc[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* pain au chocolait left over from weekend reheated for breakfast ;)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* put oh's lunch in a tupperware - lo spag boll with roasted veg[/STRIKE]
    * flylady - so it's the new dawn with my working hours :) I get 2 days off a week and am intending to do downstairs one day and upstairs the next in the hope of finally getting on top of having a clean and tidy house. It's pretty tragic I'm excited about this! :p
    * renew library books
    * take up madam's jeans
    * NSD
    * [STRIKE]free exercise in the garage :)[/STRIKE] did 35 mins power walking & 10 mins hula hooping :) will do 10 mins on the bike and another 10 mins power walking to pick up madam :D
    * bake a cake. Friend is calling in for a coffee and a catch up after work this afternoon
    * photo 3 things to list on ebay
    * new bed being delivered :j need to call into A$da and pick up fitted sheets ordered online (means I could keep a NSD ;))
    * get clothes, lunches & bags ready for tomorrow
    * picks toms and patty pans
    * work out what to do with a mountain of veg. Will slice and freeze runner beans

Ok that's all for me today. Have a great day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • Morning determined hope day 1 goes ok for you DGD. I haven't forgotten about your parcel, hope to get it off to you today. DD2 was poorly yesterday she's woken fine today so hope she's ok for 2 hours of school later.

Other things for me today:
    Using milk I got out of freezer yesterday that I'd frozen when we didn't finish it all
    Left overs veg and potatoes and some meat from yesterday's roast. Joint was huge so that will get carved up in freeer now it's cold
    5 extra YP also in freezer
    Make DD lunchbox
    See if there is anymore rhubarb in friends garden when I go to feed the cat, make crumble for rhubarb that's waiting for it in a dish that I didn't get round to yesterday :rotfl:
    Make some biscuits/cake for lunch boxes
    Maybe make a quiche and portion for lunchboxes some days
    Check banking, surveys, FPL (DH got paid from 2nd job yesterday 2 weeks ahead of when they said said they would, more than we thought too :T) have moved some to savings, some to repay one of my 'pots' that was overspent, some to LPDF :D
    Check fridge and see what I need to use up in the next couple of days, I think some salad leaves and some white sauce.
    Post fleabay parcel

Right, must get on. Enjoy your day. Purps.
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone!

I've been dipping in an out of here of late. Was harder keep on track with the kids being off school but hopefully I'll be back on track this week and start posting more regularly again.

Good luck to everyone starting school today or this week, such a nervous time all around. My two did good their GCSE's and are off to their chosen colleges later this week - where does time go hey?

I've got a WFH week this week and today I've got a hospital appointment. Had dreadful swollen, sore gums last week to the point I couldn't eat or brush my teeth and had an appointment with the dentist who referred me to the hospital. Typically, it's now subsided a lot so I'm sure the hospital will just tell me to go away and come back if it flares up again :(

Other than that plans are:

- Check banking and make sure new Standing Orders to creditors have gone out - Done
    - 6 mins of meditation (trying to find some calm in my life)
    - Home workout mid morning
    - If I have time try and do my nails at home as they look terrible with half peeling polish
    - Pop to Sainsbury's later after hospital and pick up milk and bits
    - Try and complete some surveys. Been so long since I've done this

That's all for now. Hope you all have a lovely day ahead.
  • Gosh hope you're ok Twins and it's not something too serious

Dropped madam at school :cry: had tears this morning but she was ok when we got there. Nervous day today!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 September 2017 at 9:55AM
    Hope she enjoys it, DNMS, give it a week and you'll be hosting her new friends for tea :)

Today is the first day of my week off and I am going over to my mum's to sort out all her direct debits and see if some can be cancelled or got cheaper. She is insured for every eventuality and I think there is some crossover. She will most likely cook jacket potatoes and I will take some cheese.

I have a WBB package to drop at the shop on the way and also need to do a trip to PAH in search of bargain cat food.

My time waster has contacted me and still wants the thing I've not given to someone else, we'll see if she actually turns up this time. (Originally it was two but I sold the other one to someone else.)

I need to unload and photograph some bits I brought back from the boot sale but it's really gloomy today so that might have to wait.

Need to sort out my tax reference number in order to register to sell on Amazon.

I'll take some batch cooked spag bol out of the freezer for dinner tonight, nice and easy and I feel like a good mum because it has lots of veggies in it! Crumpets defrosting downstairs for breakfast for me and brunch for DS.

Have a good day all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2017 at 6:37PM
    Morning all :)
    DNMS, I hope your Little GD has a great first day at school :) Mine doesn't go till next year, because her 4th birthday isn't till November, so she will be one of the Big Girls at pre-school now :)

Just driven OH back from his hospital appointment in our nearest city, so spent on car parking and a coffee each while waiting for his appointment. No other spending planned today though. Apart from paying the milk bill :(

Other things:
    HG raspberries for breakfast :)
    Find old / spare sunglasses and put in my bag, as my current ones seem to have hidden themselves - suspect DD might have picked them up by mistake. Hate driving in bright weather without them. Luckily it is only just starting to brighten up now, so quite murky when I was driving back.
    Received a coupon for 600 nectar points with no minimum spend :)
    Registered a code I was sent in the same mailing to receive another 250 points towards Christmas shopping :)
    HM food from stores, I have plenty in, so no shopping needed today. Will continue working on my list though! Hopefully OH won't come up with something that he absolutely can't live without :(Managed to avoid shopping, proud of use up efforts today - managed to use a half tin of anchovies from the freezer, the last 2, rather dried up slices of ham, and the ends of jars of olives and capers from the fridge, in an inauthentic, but tasty, version of pasta puttanesca :D And there is enough left for lunch tomorrow :)
    Pay milk bill online Done
    Check banks
    Look for surveys
    Some cleaning
    Pick garden produce and see if anything needs watering or other attention Picked: a colander full of French beans, 3 cucumbers, a cereal bowl heaped full of raspberries, a small bowl of tomatoes (these are slowing right down now)and half a small bowl of blueberries, which are also coming to an end.
    Fed French beans and watered salad leaves in greenhouse :)

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • Hi everyone :wave:

Thanks for the kick off DNMS. Thinking about you and your gorgeous DGD :grouphug:

Different regime for me this week – OH is working away for 3 days so I have the car. I parked in a hotel car park (cheapest place around) for £5 a day (!!), but I noticed the receipt says customers get free parking. At first I thought that meant hotel guests but now wondering if it means any customers… Could I get a £2 coffee in the morning and get ‘free’ parking?!?! Might need to do some investigations… :think:

Had cheapo porridge in work – free milk :A
    Packed lunch :A
    Leftovers for tea :A
    Free bag of crisps from work :cool:

Submitted expenses – £40.84 – things do add up… Should get that in a couple of weeks and I’ll pay it off t’old cc… :cool:

Need to go shopping today for household stuff – will use 8% discount card :cool:
    Will put some £££ in the bank and then do some money dancing between a/cs etc…
    Need to post something to my sis – will use a stamp I bought before the price went up ages ago :cool:

Still need to check that bleeding MOC for my £10 off T escos… Mustn’t forget this one!!

Tidying round tonight – even if I can unpack and get all of the paper/card recycling out of the house then the place will look a lot better…! Then the usual – unload dishwasher and clean round kitchen.

Need to speak to OH about booking the tiler for the weekend – bone of contention :mad: but I am sick of waiting for him to do it 5 months on!!

Eating from the garden for lunch tomorrow – time to harvest another kohlrabi :cool:
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm back from my mum's and have managed to save her £38 per month by changing to different tariffs etc.

My time waster wants to know if I can drop off her purchase as she is without a car today.

I saw a complete idiot driving down the road with his rear, drivers side passenger door completely open with a mattress sticking out of the side. Seriously, these people are driving on our roads and breathing our air :mad:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Evening all,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Today I will/have:
    *check accounts
    *get some exercise
    *work on passive income project
    *[STRIKE]food shopping[/STRIKE] done - at A*di. Made a point of not going to other more expensive supermarkets now.

Have a good one,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • oh has announced this evening he doesn't like squashes. Looks like the winter months are going to be tough on him as we have about 20 growing at the lottie and several of them are mammoth :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills