2019 Wedding

Comments

• ok just checked, their pricing is the same for wedding, £149 for 2hrs or £249 for 4hrs, looks like a deal??? but how can they be sure with the quality then? website is just perfocal.com
  • I've just had a quick look at their website.

The pricing structure looks very good all day (8 hours) 150 photos, for £429 is a really good deal.

I didn't go through the process, but my understanding is that you tell them what you want, when you want it etc and they look at their photographer list to see who is near you and can do it. I don't know if you get to meet the photographer before your event (they do lots of functions). There is a small gallery but you don't know who took the photos. Maybe you'll be able to view your particular photographers work before hand, I don't know.

Anyone tried them?
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • just outside m25 so i guess yes i'm almost a londoner :T
    Saving for Wedding 2018: £1980/£5000 :j
  • Kirstie_tnl
    Kirstie_tnl Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2018 at 6:21PM
    my understanding is that you tell them what you want, when you want it etc and they look at their photographer list to see who is near you and can do it.

yes that's what i understand from them too. also read some reviews on trustpilot: trustpilot.com/review/perfocal.com about wedding photography, looks good so far. i think the good bit is they do the editing part so less work for photographers and better quality contorl overall. would get in touch with them for more details
    Saving for Wedding 2018: £1980/£5000 :j
  • Not much going on for me recently ,

Me & my M.O.H were in talks of having 2 hen-do's;
    One in our local town for a few drinks as I miss the nightclubs i used to go to &
    to go to maddam Tussad's as I've always wanted to go there and didn't want to just
    get drunk ... I want to actually have a memorable hen do for the right reasons.
    Though I will probably get tipsy!

I also asked if she wanted me to grab some fun bits for a Hen-do party from my local pound shop as stuff is going fast.

I've also started to create my own signage for our guestbook-jar , our instagram tag
    and I created a scavenger hunt sheet for our theme to add some fun which I will print near the time
    on card & make them fancy.

I've also worked out that if I put £180 away each month until may next year, we can afford our wedding next year although I am worried that it'll only give us 3 months to book everything since he doesn't want to book things until we have the money .

I'm not doing so great in my MLM & No one wants to buy my stuff .
    We don't have a car yet to do carboots . What should I do?
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Hi Charley

Do you have local selling sites on Face book?

You'll probably find most venue's will ask for a deposit when booking and then the balance a month or so before the event, is he willing to do that? I would imagine that most places will be booked well in advance, depending on what time of year and day you are looking at.
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • de_artie
    de_artie Posts: 7 Forumite
    ok just checked, their pricing is the same for wedding, £149 for 2hrs or £249 for 4hrs, looks like a deal??? but how can they be sure with the quality then? website is just perfocal.com
    very interested, please share your experience if you're going to use them!
  • Yeah there's Facebook groups . I got tons of DVDs to get rid of.

We've changed our wedding plans. It's now a registry office, well go for a meal with whoever goes to ceremony and then we'll have a party in the evening .

My f.h would have to put deposit down lol
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Apparently my wedding ring should be delivered Saturday 12th May. As I don't have an engagement ring and we don't want to exchange rings in the ceremony and it is a 3/4 eternity, would it be wrong if me to wear the ring now? (Impatient I know). It is engraved inside. but not with our wedding date, just a personal saying between us and the year we got together. Mr FW2b doesn't care one way or the other!
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • I don't think so. It has personal meaning to you. Wear it if you want to.

Today I sat down and wrote down everything we need for the wedding , putting the thing that's most important at the top to what isn't so important at the bottom. I then made a little note of all the things we have money for right now that we can use later on to pay for . See what we have money for and what not.

So far the price does come to £6,185.25 but I'm hoping to get some of the bits for cheaper than budgeted. I put some items to be more expensive than what I found online just in case.

With things like the decorations, I'll be buying bits here & there out of my normal money as well as budgeting for it.

finally feels nice & relaxing to have everything laid out now :D
    Now it's just the big task of saving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure