Solar Panels, even though using renewable energy supplier

Hi all,

We currently use Bulb as our energy supplier and they use 100% renewable energy. Taking this into account, is it actually worth me looking into fitting Solar panels or maybe I should just think about the Thermal system instead?

I suppose the only benefit from the solar would be that I would contribute to the grid and therefore reducing a tiny need for earths resources!

Thanks

Martin
6kWp system, 20 x 300W Longi Solar panels with a Solis 6.0 inverter + Wifi and iBoost
22deg pitch East to west 12 panels on the East and 8 on the West

Comments

• Yes you will contribute to the grid and if you get on with it quickly you will get paid a small bonus (known as FIT) for doing so. The costs of solar panels need to be carefully weighed up but if you get a few quotes there are many great people on here who can advise you on the various options. if you tell us where you are in the country then you may get reccomendations of installers (and even firms to stay away from!)
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • mgbond
    mgbond Posts: 86 Forumite
    I'm located in Bognor Regis on the south coast. I have someone coming round from Bradley Electrical (Bognor) next Thursday and have been speaking to a company on Hayling Island (ashwoodsolar).
    My house is a 4 bed (although 1 bedroom has be changed into an en suite) and the roof is pointing between East to SE. This time of year my bills are more expensive due to Gas usage so was thinking is it worth getting the panels if using a Renewable supplier and maybe just getting the heat tubes. The main reason for this is to contribute to saving the planet.
    6kWp system, 20 x 300W Longi Solar panels with a Solis 6.0 inverter + Wifi and iBoost
  • mgbond
    Oh, also our house was built in 1980 and the roof is a shallow pitch.
  • mgbond
    I now like the idea of heat pump also.
    Got these people coming round next week.
    ukenergysolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport