Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    molerat wrote: »
    Last time I moved the money out on 21st and it still doubled up.

Was that Issue 3? I recall one of the VM's issues having a delayed maturity date - which would explain the double interest payment.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Was that Issue 3? I recall one of the VM's issues having a delayed maturity date - which would explain the double interest payment.
    It was 3.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Already on the first page

Didn't know, no harm in sharing again :) just excited I've opened it!
  • My RS (4) has been running since 09-2016.

Looking at my records: Key Facts:
    Operation of the account: The Regular Saver(Issue 4) is a variable rate, non-fixed term account

I know, but Issue 3 matured last year, and that was a non-fixed term account at least initially anyway.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 22 June 2018 at 10:33AM
    soulsaver wrote: »
    It says in the 'maturing' letter that you can open another RS. For certain that means in addition to RS5 (I've done it as has a previous poster) AND maybe RS4 - doesn't say you cant in my letter, albeit I haven't got RS4.

Does this mean you can open issue Leeds RS16 now - you don't have to wait until issue RS5 matures on July 3rd?
    I've got RS4 as well

In fact reading back now if its possible to open RS16 then its best to do so ASAP in view of forthcoming changes?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mhoc wrote: »
    Does this mean you can open issue Leeds RS16 now - you don't have to wait until issue RS5 matures on July 3rd?
    I've got RS4 as well

In fact reading back now if its possible to open RS16 then its best to do so ASAP in view of forthcoming changes?

Worth trying IMO; my RS5 matures July 3rd too and my RS16 is open, funded & showing on the summary page. I assume you've not had a maturing letter? Maybe it'll say.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Worth trying IMO; my RS5 matures July 3rd too and my RS16 is open, funded & showing on the summary page. I assume you've not had a maturing letter? Maybe it'll say.

Well if the system will let us its worth a try - by the time they have figured it all out July 3rd will have been and gone so by then RS16 and RS 4 will be the only 2 so no rules contravened :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've got RS4 as well

What are the forthcoming changes that you refer to?
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but do the two Direct Debits have to be moved across as part of the Switch, or can I just open a 'sacrificial' account with another bank, 'switch' it to M&S, and then set up the two DDs manually on the M&S account?
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but do the two Direct Debits have to be moved across as part of the Switch, or can I just open a 'sacrificial' account with another bank, 'switch' it to M&S, and then set up the two DDs manually on the M&S account?

You need to switch an account that already has two active direct debits on it:
    * [1]£185 M&S gift card. Once you’ve switched using the Current Account Switch Service, including two active Direct Debits, we'll send you a £125 M&S gift card. But that's not all. Once you have your M&S gift card, we'll top it up with £5 each calendar month as long as a minimum of £1,000 is paid into your current account and two Direct Debits remain active – for a period of 12 months following the switch. So you could enjoy spending up to £185 in M&S. Terms and conditions apply
    (PDF document)(opens in a new window)

https://bank.marksandspencer.com/current-accounts/mands-current-account/landing/apply-now/?cid=HBEU:ma:ON:CA:05:1804:062:BankingVanity
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure