PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Trip out to the farm shop and picked up some cherries, nectarines and raspberries, fruit salad made.

Making my feelings known to a man who, even though the cafe toilets were just a 100 yards away, thought it was acceptable to have a pee in the hedge right in front of me with his much younger sidekick with him. Disgusting human being and that’s just what I called him :mad:

Driving through the local countryside and everywhere is golden, dust clouds from combines and straw stacks everywhere.

Hot, so hot and all I did with Lu is give her a cooling sponge down.

The smell of rain, around 8pm, we had a short cloudburst but that was it.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Past few days...

1. On track to owe nothing to anyone by the time we are 33. Knocked £2.4k off the mortgage and £5k off my student loans.
    2. Caught up with YNAB (budgeting app) and realised next month I'll have £4k in my 'new' car fund. Trading mine in should get me betwen £2-4k so that's plenty for a decent wee car. Going from my silly expensive 4X4 to a little Yaris or Jazz should save £££.
    3. Did some furniture painting around the house (rocking chair snapped before I had finished)

c76rcmdg57gi.jpg

o5jqixr1m6ls.jpeg

4. DH is working away Mon-Thurs for the forseeable. I miss him but get SO much more done (see above!) AND as he's in a hotel there are no trains to London (saving circa £400 a month!) and he gets breakfast at the hotel and a £30 per diem for food, so grocery costs have plumetted.

5. Was given a bag of clothes to root through. Mum's boyfriends friend lost a load of weight (due to illness :( ) and went down to a size 8, but is now back to 12. She gave me three binbags - mostly of clothes STILL WITH TAGS ON - to look through. Am trying to keep minimal so I only rescued a pair of Zara trousers which will be lovely for work, then passed onto my sister to look through. The rest will go to charity.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Amazing change of clothes there MM! Chair looks good as well!

V No. Waste of time. They could not do BoP's bum yesterday as their kit did not have ICE connection on it! Waste. And I starved as well!

4 Good old BoPsie bought some wobbleade and a Fillet Steak. Properly sourced from the Angus cow! Mushrooms and Grilled toms. Tum was filled after being starved and rubbed.

3 Just bin out down road to bird camp at Bridge oi Slim. Trying the small camera and it does well!

2 Night will be watching the cricket!

Having one today, as I should have had one yesterday and will be having one tomorrow as well! So bum test cannot be done yet last time it was! Tomorrow is Jenny's annual tuning session!

And there we have all your BoP news today!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Lovely early morning walkies with Maisie dog and her mum.

2) A cooler day, feeling human again.

3) Nice man in One Stop gave us some big boxes and some pretty strong crates which will be very useful.

4) Much stuff freecycled and all taken, just waiting for a couple of folks to get back to us for 'when'.

5) Put another load of things at the bottom of the drive saying 'free please take' and people have, many things gone and a few left but I have hopes...
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 August 2018 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Hello. After a rainy day it turned into a nice late afternoon and evening. The washing was hung out in the building site and dried.

Had a monster headache for most of the day. Just the remnant left.

Made a chicken and veg pie for tea.

Nice doggy walks.

Chat with sister on phone .

Came home to a bag of rhubarb on my door step . From friend.

ETA : have shared the rhubarb love and took some round to a friend ...meeting another friend en-route so having 2 extra lovely chats! Then blethered so long it was dark when we walked home. Saw a fox.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    One forgotten pleasure from Tuesday & the rest today

DB phoned from Germany - very chatty & everyone is well. Two of his chicks were killed by the guests dog :( but he still has 22 chickens/chicks :) Younger DNeph (age 6) starts school next week with an open day this Saturday.

Rained overnight so a lot cooler today but did have some heat & sunshine as well as being very breezy :T

Watching DH work on the shed base :rotfl:

DSis went out for a walk so I managed to vacuum without disturbing her TV viewing :rotfl:

DH put up my whirligig so the 3 loads of washing all dried outside but did soften up the towels with 15 mins in the td :D

LO Chinese for dinner with the addition of a cup of rice with peas

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hung all my nappies out on the line to dry, the sun has bleached all the Terry to a lovely crisp white again- very satisfying!!!
    made chicken and veg pie for tea and batch made a wad of cheese sandwiches from reduced bread and cheese and shoved in the freezer ready for school lunches in a few weeks !
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) A lie in.

2) Hens OK and 4 eggs.

3) It rained for about half an hour this morning, not very heavy but better than nothing. Much cooler today - about 22 degrees.

4) Painted the new kitchen ceiling today. Each coat takes 2 hours as there are so many beams and annoying shelves and kitchen cupboard to work round. Did 2 coats and I think that will do now.

5) Had smaller son's favourite lunch - part baked rolls with chicken, salami, peppers, tomato etc.

6) Went to our lovely local cinema to watch Zoo.

7) Bigger son phoned (this is rare enough to be noteworthy) on the verge of tears asking me to pick him up from NCS. He said he was bored and it sounds like the evenings drag a bit (they're in a field in the Peak District). I had to say I couldn't possibly drive there this evening "in the dark", which isn't strictly true as it's only about 100 miles. I said I'd pick him up in the morning if he was still unhappy - obviously tomorrow I would point out that he only had 1 night to go!

Luckily he texted again later that he is fine now - phew!

They're staying at Staffs Uni next week which should be more comfortable being in a student flat than in a tent.

8) Just watched Holby City.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    kimplus8 wrote: »
    hung all my nappies out on the line to dry, the sun has bleached all the Terry to a lovely crisp white again- very satisfying!!!
    made chicken and veg pie for tea and batch made a wad of cheese sandwiches from reduced bread and cheese and shoved in the freezer ready for school lunches in a few weeks !
    What a brilliant idea, money saved but also the time it'll save you next term :):beer:
    Frith wrote: »
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) A lie in.

2) Hens OK and 4 eggs.

3) It rained for about half an hour this morning, not very heavy but better than nothing. Much cooler today - about 22 degrees.

4) Painted the new kitchen ceiling today. Each coat takes 2 hours as there are so many beams and annoying shelves and kitchen cupboard to work round. Did 2 coats and I think that will do now.

5) Had smaller son's favourite lunch - part baked rolls with chicken, salami, peppers, tomato etc.

6) Went to our lovely local cinema to watch Zoo.

7) Bigger son phoned (this is rare enough to be noteworthy) on the verge of tears asking me to pick him up from NCS. He said he was bored and it sounds like the evenings drag a bit (they're in a field in the Peak District). I had to say I couldn't possibly drive there this evening "in the dark", which isn't strictly true as it's only about 100 miles. I said I'd pick him up in the morning if he was still unhappy - obviously tomorrow I would point out that he only had 1 night to go!

Luckily he texted again later that he is fine now - phew!

They're staying at Staffs Uni next week which should be more comfortable being in a student flat than in a tent.

8) Just watched Holby City.
    Showing my age, but I've now got 'Camp Granada' in my head - bless him, I hope the rest of the trip is ok

My pleasures:

The rain - we could mainly hear it (and smell it) as our office looks out on trees which are taller than our window, but it sounded and smelled lovely, and I was thinking of my poor courgettes which have powderey milew, and how much they needed it!

There is a little path through the woods behind the office which is hardly used, but there were kids playing in it yesterday, love the sound of children playing :)

I made 5 jars of blackberry jam :j - hope it tastes as good as it looks!

The garlic chive flowering next to the dwarf sunflower makes me happy

Making plans to redo a bed in the front garden in the autumn
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ha, I too remember Camp Granada HC and now have an ear worm!

Wednesday pleasures,

Cooler with a lovely breeze, caught up with lots of jobs both in the house and in the garden. Windows wide open and felt like had changed the air in the house iyswim.

Big batch of pomodoro sauce made with tomato glut.

Rode Lulu, just an amble around but good to be back on after the hot weather prohibited much work.

Met DB and DN over home village for some family chores. Afterwards we met up at the local pub and sat outside having a beer, reminiscing over our childhood.

Sharing a Twirl with Capt S on the way home, weird to be driving in the dark.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback