Spain Pay As You Go sim card for internet access

Comments

• nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In Marbella at the moment and using Mifi with Vodaphone sim. Plenty fast enough for normal use but as I only bought 1 gb of data would not think about using Skype.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    nickcc wrote: »
    In Marbella at the moment and using Mifi with Vodaphone sim. Plenty fast enough for normal use but as I only bought 1 gb of data would not think about using Skype.

Wasn't too impressed with Marbella. You didn't like the Carrefour SIM idea?
    Buying packages is much more expensive, as you have probably found. 22,99 IVA inc for 1GB, plus the cost of the Vodafone SIM if you buy it in Spain. More outside.
  • nickcc
    edited 4 July 2013 at 9:25AM
    Wasn't too impressed with Marbella. You didn't like the Carrefour SIM idea?
    Buying packages is much more expensive, as you have probably found. 22,99 IVA inc for 1GB, plus the cost of the Vodafone SIM if you buy it in Spain. More outside.

Would have gone for the Carrefour package but realised that I was only taking my ipad, even put the Malaga Carrefour into my sat nav :)
    With all the problems I'm having over here, with fuel charges with Avis and only half the Villa habitable thanks to blocked toilets, I'm just glad that I can use the Wifi ipad.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    nickcc wrote: »
    Would have gone for the Carrefour package put realised that I was only taking my ipad, even put the Malaga Carrefour into my sat nav :)
    With all the problems I'm having over here, with fuel charges with Avis and only half the Villa habitable thanks to blocked toilets, I'm just glad that I can use the Wifi ipad.

Forgot that you had you had already purchased the Vodafone ES data SIM.

Fuel charges? You wrote that you obtained Full/Full with AVIS(on the Goldcar thread).
  • nickcc
    Forgot that you had you had already purchased the Vodafone ES data SIM.

Fuel charges? You wrote that you obtained Full/Full with AVIS(on the Goldcar thread).

Seems that Avis UK assumed that Spain only operated a full mt policy but my rental voucher stated full full. Now sorted by local Malaga A/P manager so now full out and full return, seems that Avis UK and Avis Spain had a misunderstanding.
  • Must say the speed of Internet in the Alicante area is very slow

On the moviestar network....getting less than 2mbps

Any ideas on ways of getting faster web ?
  • 1mix
    1mix Posts: 15 Forumite
    I'm going to Ibiza for a week in 2 weeks and need to get online while I'm there.

I was going to buy a Carrefour SIM when I get there but have just read that both stores have just closed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?
  • nickcc
    Local phone shop when you get there will be the way to go, take your passport and local address and you should have no problems.
  • 1mix
    1mix Posts: 15 Forumite
    Will I be able to buy a Carrefore SIM in a local shop?

They seem to offer the best value for what I need..
  • nickcc
    Would have thought that you can only buy carrefore from carrefore, plenty of other suppliers over there at much the same prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure