Tastecard

Has anyone got one and can recommend? It looks too good to be true - two for one meals at loads of chain restaurants.

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    A total waste of money....even the free one I got. It's just an incentive to spend money in aces that you might not consider.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    If you go to the restaurants it offers discounts to anyway, then you can save money - more often than not these places are already on free deal websites like Vouchercloud though, so by searching for the restaurant name and deals, you'll find similar offers. Lot of the places I search for round here are places I probably wouldn't go to without a taste card, which tells me that they need the business more than I need to go there just because its 2 for 1.

If you can get one free (some workplaces offer it) then go for it - but I would not subscribe to it at cost.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Very similar to

* Gourmet Society
    * Tastecard
    * Dine club (free via Go Compare)
    * Meercat Meals (free via compare the market)

All the above offer similar deals, though at different chains/restaurants.

Some cost from £40 - £80 per year which is definately not worth paying, but all have either free membership offers via parterships (comparison sites, union membership etc) or regular 'trial' offers (beware automatic billing if you don't cancel at the end of the trial).

Gourmet Society is a free option if you have a Club Lloyds (free) current account.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    G_M wrote: »

Gourmet Society is a free option if you have a Club Lloyds (free) current account.

You don't get free food though, just money off your bill.
    I'd much rather have the Club Lloyds free cinema tickets.
    Don't spend money on Tastecard or Gourmet Society, just keep signing up for free trials but making sure that you remember to cancel them before you get charged.
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Its identical to the meerkat meals offer.

Also if you work in the public sector you can get it for 'free' via CSSC discount scheme.
  • the restaurant choices arent great, loads of chain places, hardly any independants. One decent restaurants the offer periods are really limiting, like mon-thursday.

you dont get bogof, it's more like 2 for 1 main. but you'll have starters, mains, service charge, so that main saves you a very small part of the bill.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    the restaurant choices arent great, loads of chain places, hardly any independants. One decent restaurants the offer periods are really limiting, like mon-thursday.

you dont get bogof, it's more like 2 for 1 main. but you'll have starters, mains, service charge, so that main saves you a very small part of the bill.

Plenty actually have 241 across all courses
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • We get it free with our current account, have had some great deals with it but I wouldn't pay extra for it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure