Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 4th Jan 17, 1:07 PM
    • 2,518Posts
    • 5,055Thanks
    dlusman
    0 WOW
    PoundStretchers bargains
    • 4th Jan 17, 1:07 PM
    0 WOW
    PoundStretchers bargains 4th Jan 17 at 1:07 PM
    25p for 500ml bottles

"Regular" Pepsi
    Coke Life
    Lucozade Zero calorie Orange

May be more , but these were the ones I noticed/bought
Page 6
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 9th Oct 19, 7:09 PM
    • 7,081 Posts
    • 19,935 Thanks
    Doc N
    Saw electric toothbrush heads today at 4 for £1.99, the packet says that they are compatible with most Oral-B brushes.

Does anyone know if they really are as that is a big saving on the real ones.
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    Probably true if it says so. There’s a huge profit on these things and they cost very little to manufacture.

The quality is another matter altogether though, but there’s little to lose at that price.

We get ours on Amazon, where you can at least check the reviews.
    • maman
    • By maman 9th Oct 19, 7:12 PM
    • 20,993 Posts
    • 124,372 Thanks
    maman
    Probably true if it says so. There’s a huge profit on these things and they cost very little to manufacture.

The quality is another matter altogether though, but there’s little to lose at that price.

Originally posted by Doc N
    I got mine from Sainsbury's as they were selling them off for 50p. OK so they have Spiderman and My Little Pony on them but there's no one in the bathroom to laugh.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 19th Oct 19, 2:11 PM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    duncanthedog

Originally posted by Doc N
    Just to add that they do fit on the model that I use and work OK, how long they last remains to be seen.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 30th Oct 19, 8:15 AM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Cake Break for 19p, I only saw 2 varieties, chocolate and fruit both 100g, nice size for a lunch box.

(from Turkey)
    • glider3560
    • By glider3560 30th Oct 19, 8:16 AM
    • 3,877 Posts
    • 2,543 Thanks
    glider3560
    They had some short dated (31st October) curry sauce jars (350g) for 39p yesterday. Choice of balti, jalfrezi or madras. The other flavours weren't short dated and were the full price (89p).

Haven't tried them yet, so can't comment whether they're any good.

• PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 30th Oct 19, 9:05 AM
    • 850 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    PLRFD
    39p is about what they are worth,check any items that are reduced actually go through the till reduced I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been caught last time was Saturday my 30p bag of very short dated liquorice allsorts went through at 89p and were like chewing wood.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 30th Oct 19, 9:06 AM
    • 850 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Another thing with Poundstretcher why does the person on the till without fail say do you want your receipt ? Feel like saying of course I ********* do.
    • maman
    • By maman 30th Oct 19, 2:19 PM
    • 20,993 Posts
    • 124,372 Thanks
    maman
    Another thing with Poundstretcher why does the person on the till without fail say do you want your receipt ? Feel like saying of course I ********* do.
    Originally posted by PLRFD
    That's not just Poundstretcher, it's commonplace. I assumed it's because so many people take them and then just throw as litter. In some places if you say no they don't print them so saving some paper.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 30th Oct 19, 3:46 PM
    • 9,253 Posts
    • 17,263 Thanks
    calleyw
    Just to add that they do fit on the model that I use and work OK, how long they last remains to be seen.
    Originally posted by duncanthedog

You may find that cheap ones are not good for teeth and gums as they can be very stiff and scratchy. Next time you go to the dentist/hygienist take one with you and ask their opinion.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,329Posts Today

7,497Users online

Martin's Twitter