Defaulted account.

In Apr 2018 I had a default on a car finance account. I brought all payments up to date and have never missed a payment since. On ClearScore it is showing that the account is still in default with no payment history since even though all payments are up to date. I raised the issue with Equifax who got a response from the finance company saying that the account was brought up to date and had been maintained but my payment history is still not updated. Surely the account showing as in default is doing my score no good! I have no issue with the default being on there but payments since should also be updated. Any ideas on how I can sort this out? Thanks.

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    Are you sure the account was actually defaulted because once an account is defaulted it means the relationship has irretrievably broken down. I don't think a defaulted account can go back to being in order again even if the default is settled.
  • hi Huddy776 and welcome to the forum :)

What do you mean when you said you 'brought all payments up to date'? If the account was defaulted by the creditor, this means that your relationship with the lender had totally broken down. I do not think it is possible to bring payments back 'up to date'.

Edit: Darn it. My stupid fat fingers are so slow in typing. I have basically repeated what Ben has said lol
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Once an account is in default it will remain defaulted.

Nothing does “your score” any good since it’s not a real thing used by lenders.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Was it a late payment rather than default?
  • Thanks for the replies. It was recoded as a default but I still have the car and have maintained all payments. They have never chased or tried to recover the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure