IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Do not appeal a UKPC Windscreen PCN (UKPC ARE BANNED BY THE DVLA - April/May 2018)

Coupon-mad
Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
UKPC ARE BANNED

The DVLA have banned UKPC from obtaining consumer data:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/aos_members_banned#incoming-1154926

IF NEWBIES HAVE A WINDSCREEN PCN FROM UKPC NOW, WAIT FOR ANY NTK!

:D
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    More dodgy photos or has their leaving the site blitz started to unravel? Hopefully the jungle drums will beat more loudly soon.

If it's another suspension, how many are they allowed before being permanently kicked out?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I got a ticket from them on the 24/03/18 so it's been 34 days since the windscreen ticket no NTK as of yet.
  • Coupon-mad
    Keep us updated by the end of the month, make-me-a-winner. You can be the guinea pig.

Can't say for sure yet but hopefully we will find out.

:D
  • my owner was the guinea pig the BPA chose to use to prove they were ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Coupon-mad
    Just so NEWBIES understand, I am saying I don't think UKPC can get DVLA data right now. Could be wrong but I hear things from lots of sources. I wonder if it was as a result of this court case:

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2018/04/parking-firm-fined-obstructing-fly-tipping-probe/

I have no idea BTW, but a FOI to the DVLA will answer it if someone fancies asking for all paperwork and emails, follow ups, audits and meeting minutes referring to any AOS member firms banned at any time in 2018 to date, from obtaining keeper data.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 April 2018 at 8:49PM
    But, of course, they believe they are above the law. They act with impunity. They got away with suspected fraud with the photo tampering scandal, receiving no more than a token DVLA suspension and a slap on the wrist, which Larry Grayson could have exacted more pain.

So is there any surprise at their apparent dismissive attitude towards the court in refusing to appear in the flesh? They've got away with that attitude for so long.

Video-link my 4rse. This isn't a rape case.
    Through the parking company's refusal to co-operate and comply with the law they have allowed someone else to escape prosecution and left them free to potentially perpetuate such a crime again.

Surely SCS Law cannot possibly want to represent them. Or is their dirty money more important/attractive than doing the right things right? Have the values of the UK fallen so low as to find succour and income only in the sewers.

If Steve Clark is looking in - any comment Steve? You know I rate highly your understanding of all this stuff.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Just so NEWBIES understand, I am saying I don't think UKPC can get DVLA data right now. Could be wrong but I hear things from lots of sources. I wonder if it was as a result of this court case:

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2018/04/parking-firm-fined-obstructing-fly-tipping-probe/

I have no idea BTW, but a FOI to the DVLA will answer it if someone fancies asking for all paperwork and emails, follow ups, audits and meeting minutes referring to any AOS member firms banned at any time in 2018 to date, from obtaining keeper data.

the stupid thing in that case was

UKPC were asked for CCTV footage , they do not have CCTV only ANPR images , and those are only retained it the vehicle exceeded to allowed time , or failed to pay

the arrogant iriots at UKPC thought they could put two fingers up to a magistrate and say"sod off" , it did not work!

if they had replied saying ANPR images , and only vehicles recorded as fail time/pay , they would have been in the clear

sometimes arrogance does not pay
  • KKEALY
    KKEALY Posts: 7 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Just so NEWBIES understand, I am saying I don't think UKPC can get DVLA data right now.

your source for this ?
  • KKEALY wrote: »
    your source for this ?

why not ask the DVLA ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Someone already has, no worries, the facts are being checked before posting details.

But for now, my advice would be DO NOT APPEAL a UKPC windscreen PCN this month or next, and wait to see if a NTK arrives first.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure