PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Breach of Covenant Question

Options

Comments

• DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just out of curiosity can OP or anyone else confirm the Company Reg No. on the letter. It looks like 00004134 to me but it's out of focus and gets worse when I enlarge it.
  • LittleMax
    LittleMax Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    I think you're correct. I'm off to Specsavers!

I could tell it wasn't the Reg No. in the first companies house link but couldn't make it out.

Yenton Building Co Ltd - another dormant company.
  • Hoploz
    Hoploz Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pretty convinced this is a scam.

This isn't an invoice for payment. I believe an invoice for payment has to contain certain specific details, one of which is a company address to which payment can be posted!
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 April 2017 at 8:35AM
    Options
    If you acknowledge that they no longer serve a purpose, why are you threatening to enforce them? If you think they still serve a purpose, why are you happy to waive them for a nominal fee?
  • Hoploz
    Hoploz Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    A large company should be aware of how to create a legitimate invoice.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    Options
    Hoploz wrote: »
    A large company should be aware of how to create a legitimate invoice.

That's the thing, it's NOT an invoice. They have not been hired to provide services. It's a threat/scare tactic letter.
  • BLOW_FLY
    BLOW_FLY Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Just to play devils advocate a little here, when the properties were bought how come none of these covenants were discovered by the buyers solicicitors?

Surely disclosure of seemingly quite onerous covenants on the property/s during the sales process should have been mandatory.....?

BF
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BLOW_FLY wrote: »
    Just to play devils advocate a little here, when the properties were bought how come none of these covenants were discovered by the buyers solicicitors?

Surely disclosure of seemingly quite onerous covenants on the property/s during the sales process should have been mandatory.....?

Don't think anybody's claimed that the purchasing solicitors didn't give appropriate advice. Tends to go in one ear and out the other though, clients are more concerned about when they get their keys, and forget about or ignore the covenants when they later do work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure