Great What/What Not to Buy at Lidl, Aldi and Netto Hunt

Options

Comments

• redsnapper
    redsnapper Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    lidl - buy BLACK FOREST HAM

dont buy bananas (they near freeze them during transportation so have shorter shelf life)
  • susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lidl Passata is wonderful for 29p/carton especially good for adding to home made soups
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
  • compmad1
    compmad1 Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the lamb shanks, but sometimes they are not as good - stringy meat and not much sauce :(

I've only ever tried one and mine was like that. Perhaps I was unlucky.
  • robskillz
    robskillz Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Elise1 wrote: »
    ...Can anyone let me know if the W5 non-bio washing powder is any good ? Especially interested if anyone with eczema/very sensitive skin has used it . currently use Ecover & this is costing us a fortune with 2 very young children in the house (one in washable nappies!) .
    Thanks

Never used W5 but have recently switched from using Ecover to a powder-less system called Ecozone Eco-balls (!) which I bought from ethical superstore. At £30 they're not cheap but last for 1,000 washes so works out cheap in the end! I've been getting good results and you can add laundry bleach to your whites too.

Rob

PS ethical superstore are offering £5 off for new customers.
  • zappomatic
    zappomatic Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    redsnapper wrote: »
    lidl - buy BLACK FOREST HAM

dont buy bananas (they near freeze them during transportation so have shorter shelf life)

Once bought bananas from Lidl which looked fine at first but they went brown in a couple of days.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    melg1973 wrote: »
    We have a netto that backs onto a tesco so I try and get the best of both worlds.
    ..............Also, they have several staff stocking the shelves when the the queues go half way down the shop as there is never more than 2 on the tills!:confused:
    #########
    Happens there, too.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mk-donald
    mk-donald Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    In case anyone hasn't seen on in-store leaflets or their website, ALDI have revised their 1-year no-quibble returns policy down to a more industry standard 30-day one.

I've started a thread on the topic at
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=398281
  • jmd355
    jmd355 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    From Lidl's buy:

Their vanilla icecream (in big blue tub) - delicious!
    Chocolate icecream with big pieces of real chocolate in - the best in the world!!
  • mike_the_bike_2
    Options
    "I second point3 on Lidl's Indian and Thai curries. I was amazed by how much chicken they contained, and the sauces are lovely and the rice just right. The jalfrezi also had lots of peppers and for Weight Watchers is only about 7.5 points (can't remember exactly how much).. Far better than anything else at that price point and give Waitrose and M&S a run for their money."

Lidl's curry's are made by Noon foods..If you look on Noon foods website you will see they supply Waitrose... ...explains a lot eh?
    The Early bird may catch the worm ...but its the second mouse that gets all the cheese!
  • sooty&sweep
    sooty&sweep Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Lidl do a range of fancy mushrooms in oil & antipasti. Very nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts