The Edcawber Principle

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 April 2018 at 9:39AM
    No accidental houses - I think I'd have heart failure! :eek:

No more garden purchases last night, but did pick up a scooter for a young rellie. £98 paid off a CC (gardening shizzle, scooter and a few pence worth of TT). Current CC will be below 60% utilisation by the 1st, so only 2 (rather large) CC to trim down to 60% after that. The dial is slowwwwwly moving. Debt has dipped below £19,000 for the first time :)

Mrs E is off for her day off today, so I'll be picking up DD after work and looking after her tomorrow. With a little luck, she'll be knackered from spending the day with MIL, so no need for an extended bedtime routine ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Debt figures sounding good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • VDOT47
    VDOT47 Posts: 277 Forumite
    Our lawn is awful too (previous owners had boys who played a lot of football in it by the looks of things, wearing large bald patches into the grass) and I spend an inordinate amount of time each summer reseeding, watering and picking out weeds (mostly dandelions)! Considered re-turfing, but hopefully we'll only be in the house for another 2 years, so it seems like a bit of a waste of money!
    Original Mortgage (Feb '17) £269,995
    Current Mortgage (End 11/19) £226,790
    End Date November 2039 Original End Date February 2042
  • edinburgher
    Mrs E is in the Scottish big smoke. I may have booked her hotel room for the wrong year :rotfl:
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Oh dear but easy done. I hope they managed to squeeze her in so you are not in too much trouble !
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Mrs E is in the Scottish big smoke. I may have booked her hotel room for the wrong year :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: Sorry:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It *is* easily done! Happened to me when a set of friends living in Aachen booked me onto a train for the wrong month. I told a guard about people sitting in my seat, and he saw the problem. Luckily, in real life Germany is much more flexible than its reputation, and he told me to buy a ticket in Brussels (my initial destination) and get a refund of the first one :)

I hope Mrs E's problem is as easily sorted!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Oooops. But what I would give for a day off... (a proper day off, not a day at work)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • edinburgher
    Fixed in 5 minutes standing outside a shopping centre in the rain. Modern technology is *amazing* :T
  • edinburgher
    Oooops. But what I would give for a day off... (a proper day off, not a day at work)

We try and give each other at least one full day (and night) off a year. Because it's a gift being a parent, but we're still human ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback