What small DFW things will you do w/c 10th September?

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important! :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• Morning guys - been up for an hour already so thought I'd start us off :)

Am working today 9.30-4.30 - dropping pup at sharee's on the way to taking madam to school

* los for lunch
    * foraged apples for snacks mmmmmm went for a lovely long walk with a friend yesterday and happened across a couple of apple trees along the way :)
    * finish taking up trousers when I get back
    * dinner will be simple spicy tomato bacon pasta - one of my favourites mmmm
    * madam taking home made pe bag to school, using fabric I already had in :D
    * read free book

gosh that's all I can think of! Am sure there'll be more throughout the day! Happy Monday guys
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Morning all :hello:

Happy new start to the week, thanks for starting us off determined my lists seem rather repetitive but it keeps me on the straight and narrow:

Check banking, update sheet
    Check surveys
    Take car for repair, it's a manufacturer recall so no cost to me
    Some washing out on the line
    Hm snacks and soup in lunch boxes
    Make some more soup for rest of the week, cooked some beans yesterday
    Small to prepaid swimming lessons
    Pick some more tomatoes, freeze the ones I've roasted
    See if I can sort some more of the spare room, it's having some work done in a week and the less stuff in there the better
    Make a physio appointment for hubby through our insurance (£55 saved :eek:)

Have a good day everyone. Purps.
  • Frugal_Saver
    Frugal_Saver Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 September 2018 at 10:26PM
    Hello, long time lurker, occasional poster here. I find this post so inspirational and motivating.

List for today
    • Check banking done
    • Update spreadsheets if needed done
    • Spend no more money (just ordered a free mug from photo box and paid for p&p so not a NSD) done
    • Check progress of expenses claim at work (boss going on holiday, hope he approves it before he's off) done - still sitting with my boss for approval, think he’s off at the end of the week
    • Try and fit in some studying tonight not done - LO didn’t settle until late, can’t concentrate if I start it too late in the evening

I'm sure there should be more on that list. Will add to it later if I think of anything.

Have a good Monday everyone
    LBM September 2012
    Debt at LBM £10,573.00
    Current debt £3,250 (29/12/20)
    Current savings £4,950 (29/12/20)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2018 at 9:04PM
    Morning all :)
    Thanks for the start DNMS - hope work goes ok :)
    Monday is my day for restocking my sales unit, so this morning will be spent doing that. I also have an appointment at the hairdresser's next door to the shop, so can park in shop's car park as opposed to paying for parking in town :) I would have walked, had I just been going to the hairdresser's, but must drive on this occasion due to all the boxes etc that I need to take with me! Done, pleased with my new hair :) £25, but well spent - haven't had it done for months and it really needed tidying up!

Apart from that:
    Need to buy some bread and washing capsules while out Done, made a list and got other things that were needed. Ended up going to Lidls as well as Sainsburys as S had experienced some kind of outrage and all their refrigeration was down, so no fresh food, salads etc (not sure why lettuce needs to be refrigerated, but still!)
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Banks done but must update spreadsheet with today's spends
    Washing out on line to dry 2 loads dry :)
    Pack an ebay parcel Still to do
    Listed another item :)

Go to car dealership with non-working spare car key Asked OH to do this before he scuttled off to his workshop :D All done now, and one worry less! What an expensive nuisance it would be if we lost the main key and the spare didn't work :eek: Averted for £3.63 :)
    We are going away camping for a couple of days from Thursday, so need to book / plan for that :)Not done, must do this!
    Leftover soup for lunch, with last of old bread, toasted :)Done, but there is enough for me again tomorrow. Much to OH's relief there isn't enough for two - it is a vegan recipe and he isn't keen on this one :rotfl:

Leftover roast beef for dinner, with HG veg :)Done
    Check fridge and larder, to see what needs using up or freezing Done

Water seedlings, and anything else that needs it Done
    A bit of cleaning Not really :o
    A bit of garden tidying Done
    Also picked raspberries, tomatoes, apples and rhubarb, which has gone mad since we had a bit of rain. Prepped and cooked down most of the apples as they were marked and wouldn't keep. Will freeze lots of stewed apple in a minute! Now done. Froze 4 tubs, and kept another out for breakfast fruit :)

GD is starting 'big' school today, and according to her Mum, was up in her uniform, bag packed and ready by the door before 6 this morning :rotfl:Must ring DD and see how she got on! Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to go back tomorrow, by all accounts :D
  • jbkmum
    jbkmum Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning!

It's so cold up here in North Yorks, I still refuse to put the heating on though. I need to start digging the blankets out, and we've lost the covers to the hot water bottles which has annoyed me. The good news is that I've lost enough weight to fit my jumpers so no excuses, can't be sitting around in t shirt. Does anyone else have a goal as to when they'll turn the heating on? I'm planning on dragging it out to the start of November!
    • Make banana cake for DS lunchbox using leftover bananas from work
    • Make bubble and squeak patties for dinner tonight (not sure what to have with them as a side, thinking maybe fried eggs?
    • Sort out my too big clothes - any I can keep wearing at home during the winter or whilst out walking. Work out what I might need to ask a friend to take in for me.
    £5000 left to pay on credit cards, down from 40k!!
  • Morning everyone :wave:
    Not long home from working the nightshift. I'm so tired and need to stop trying to do a million things as I'm not really getting much done and just stressing myself out. So there's not as much on today's list as there has been the last few days as I need a break. Today's plans:

1. Avoid going to the shops. We need to get a few bits in but I'll juggle things around a bit today and go tomorrow.
    2. Check bank and update spreadsheet if necessary
    3. Set up account so I can see my payslip online
    4. Email my manager to explain I've not been paid correctly
    5. Phone one of my debt companies to obtain bank details to set up standing order
    6. Set up monthly standing orders to all debt companies
    7. Update debt spreadsheet
    8. Sort out airport car park (Definitely doing this today!)
    9. Put remaining things on Gumtree
    10. Phone tv licence to see if I'm due a refund
    11. Another dump run (slowly but surely getting my old flat cleared out)
    12. Hopefully get the washing out on the line but it's not looking too promising :(

Hope everyone has a fab Monday!
    xx
    January Make £20 a day - £0/£620
  • Good morning all

Another lurker here...love this thread though as it gives me fab ideas on how to save money.

Today's efforts for me.....

Washing done and on line (sky looking grey but its breezy so hoping it dries)
    Go through survey sites and see whats available to do
    Enter competitions
    Print latest swagbucks e-giftcard
    Use Sainsbugs points to get bread etc that we need today
    Make apple crumble using apples from Mums garden :T
    Freeze plums (also obtained from Mums garden)

Heating....I'm trying not to put mine on at all...I just tell DS and OH to put a jumper on :rotfl:

Miss P
    x
    2019 Wins : Pull my Finger Game :rotfl:
    2019 in 2019 challenge No 22: £20.41
    Prolific 2019 : £5.41
    Prolific 2018 £90
    2018 wins : Goats milk Hamper * Personalised Elf * Notebook *
    Swagbucks 2018 £30
  • jbkmum
    jbkmum Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning all
    Heating....I'm trying not to put mine on at all...I just tell DS and OH to put a jumper on :rotfl:
    I'm swagbucking my a**e off to get enough points to redeem for an amazon voucher and then I'm going to buy a lot of hot water bottles....might even get one for the dog
    £5000 left to pay on credit cards, down from 40k!!
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 10 September 2018 at 6:32PM

Morning all,
    :wave: to everyone :grouphug: to those who need it

Welcome to lurkers and newbies :)

JBKMUM, I aim for after the half term holidays before the heating goes on so the 3/11 is my goal!

Dnms thanks for the new thread :)

Today's list
    :heart: Switch dss alarm clock off at the wall for the daytime done
    :heart: Go to gym after dropping the kids off to make the most of my membership. Will fill up water bottle and have a shower there. done
    :heart: Rm surveys to prep for next week done
    :heart: Triage fridge to make sure nothing goes to waste done
    :heart: Make families lunches for tomorrow done
    :heart: Check banking/update spreadsheet done
    :heart: Wash at least 3 loads on the quick 30 degree wash and line dry 3 done and out 4th (and last) one in
    :heart: Clean kitchen using stardrops and microfibre cloths done
    :heart: Hoover round everywhere done
    :heart: Meal plan for the next few days done
    :heart: All meals from stores done
    :heart: Get the freezer list back up to date done
    :heart: Meal plan based on what we have in - cupboards are bulging after stocking up on tinned goods at the weekend done
    :heart: Share bathwater and continue use up of lotions and potions done
    :heart: Check surveys, I'm a close to payout on for one site.
    :heart: Continue going through my cupboards and reorganising/get rid of anything not needed to the charity shop/tip done

:heart: Made banana, peanut butter muffins to use up some very brown bananas
    :heart: Cut up and stewed a badly bruised apple from the fruit bowl that everyone kept avoiding, will have it with a bit of yogurt for dessert tonight
    :heart: Open new regular saver as old one has matured :)

Take care all.

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Morning All

DNMS - Thanks for starting us off today, hope work is bearable

Today we will

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Filing & shredding -
    Ironing -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -