Viagogo - We've made a selling error

Hi

My Girlfriend used Viagogo to sell tickets for her a concert she couldn't attend. She tried to sell them at more or less their value of (£160 for 2 tickets in total).

She had mistakenly listed them as SEATING tickets when they were actually STANDING. A buyer has purchased them and then obviously reported it and said it wasn't what they ordered which is totally understandable.

Viagogo has been very quick to say it was an intentional scam and as part of their T&C have told her they will provide them new seating tickets and charge her the value of them, while also holding onto her original tickets. The charge for these seating ticket is some £300 + cost, which including her original tickets which there keeping, takes her total costs to £460 +.

Which she frankly can't afford. She is beside herself and upset at this innocent genuine error she has made and is trying to do everything she can to fix it. I'm on here looking for possible solution's and advice.

Its understandable on the buyers part to refuse them, but surely there should be just like a returns/cancellation charge, or even an admin fee from Viagogo for handling it but not the full cost of new tickets and withholding her old tickets. which appears to be some premium obscene rate might I add..... Is there not a way to just accept refusal which puts the buyer back to square one, and charges us a small fee for messing about?

I don't feel the way in which Viagogo handles things and charges these obscene fees is justifiable , especially for a genuine mistake.

Has anyone experienced something similar? has any advice or solutions to handle it? I'm all ears.

Thank you for your time

Comments

• I sold some tickets on shpock for the dinosaur show recently. I thought I had deleted all my ads but forgot viagogo which mean't I sold them twice by accident. I only found out when I had an email saying I'd sold them to my horror. I'd already given a paper copy out to someone else so I had to cancel them. I called viagogo right away and was told I would have to pay the difference for some new tickets for whoever bought mine. which he said would be about £30. 1 month later, no email or contact £60 is withdrawn from my bank for the tickets. so basicly the tickets ended up costing me more from fees than I bought them for in the first place. My gripe is no email no contact just take £60 out the blue a month after. Not good!
    Converted comper to MSE. Thank you for all your answers!
  • Hi

Did you get your money or tickets back in the end? Curious to know
  • Xxc
    Xxc Posts: 4 Newbie
    I had tickets to rocky horror show in brighton, I could not attend and put them up on VIAGOGO to sell at same price as purchased.
    They not only listed it wrong, but it kept disappearing of there site, after calling uk office which cost me 20 ponds for 10 mins, asking if I'm calling uk he would not give me that answer and said computers have been down.
    Tickets unsold out of pocket nearly £200. I've emailed constantly with no avail.
    PLEASE DONT USE THIS PLATFORM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport