Business Account - reclaiming bank charges

Comments

• Hi there,

I too am currently claiming back charges on a business account, have sent first standard letter and I am about to send the second, it is apparent after the Money Programme on BBC2 the other night that it is just as easy to claim back charges for a small business as with personal accounts, the law applies to all from what I can see. My claim is against RBS who have charged me a total of £2,244 for my first year of trading! Will keep posting, so let me know how your claim goes!

Weejo
  • hi,
    Can anyone tell me if the same applies to small business accounts as we had charges from Nat west for being 07p overdrawn and that was only the start of it, we have now moved banks as the service was rubbish as well.
  • Yes is the answer, only service charges like overdraft arrangement fees and other service fees cannot be reclaimed
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    do the same 'rules' apply for a LTD business bank charges.

For instance - should a bank charge £28 for returning a chq to a business.

As we are not talking about overdrafts here but unpaid cheques, can the charges still be recalimed

Is there any 'rules' re: one of those companies that guarantee cheque clearance then send a bill for £48 automatic charges if a cheque you sent to a supplier doesnt go through.

:confused:
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • I have written to my bank with which I had a business account and in their response they state that because the contract is with the business (company) I cannot rely on the Unfair Contracts Act and I therefore have no claim

Is this right ?

My banked absolutely fleeced me in the closing stages before I wound the company up
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If you read these previous posts you should get some help from them.
  • Please could you let me know if it is possible to reclaim these charges on business accounts in the same way as for personal ones?
  • Hi,

I've just completed the letter to obtain all the charges made to my personal account by Barclays but does this same letter apply to a business account and also to credit card accounts??

I have a business where quite frankly the bank charges have been crippling at around £1000 per quarter!

Thanks in advance
    Stuart
  • Hi,

Can you reclaim bank charges from a business bank account? I'm a trading as not a limited company. I' m not sure if the consumer credit act applies or not.
  • Clare11
    Clare11 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Hi Peterrabbit
    My husband is self employed.....a farm business ....and we are claiming ALL the penalty charges.
    I wish you luck!
    Kind regards
    Clare
    Every penny is a prisoner.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business