IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Left PCNs too late

Options
Hi all,

I currently "owe" an unknown amount of money to Workflow dynamics who are now bothering me with scary letters from Trace.

Up until now I've made the mistake of completely ignoring them, I'm not sure even how many fines they gave me, as I didn't stupidly didn't realise that ignoring was not really an option. I don't really have a defence as it was just parking in the carpark of a shop's customer only carpark which requires a permit? as I was visiting the missus as her flat has no dedicated parking. As stupid as it sounds I thought nothing of it until I saw there's a very good chance of action being taken. My problem is I have a feeling Trace are sending some of the letters to my old address, but some are being sent to my new address? Will they send me a letter before claim to my new address or old one if I get one? And is it too late with my lack of defence or am I best just giving them the money they want?

Thanks

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you should issue a DATA RECTIFICATION NOTICE to these people (to the DPO at all of them) with your latest address and telling them to delete all previous data

we dont advise people on payment or not , that is your decision to make as an adult, not ours to make for you, so I for one will NEVER answer that question, for anyone on here
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    Options
    Will they send me a letter before claim to my new address or old one if I get one?
    How would we know that?

Have you got a Royal Mail redirect set up?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • SteveClark32
    Options
    I did for a while but after it expired, some letters started coming to new address and some must still be going to old address, which I only just realised as I was matching up the reference numbers to old/new address, I thought that they had just changed with the logbook address change.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    no they dont because they can only access keeper data at the first instance, hence why you send their DPO the DRN to get their records up to date, as this is a matter for you and them to resolve

the PPC has 6 years to try a court case, hence why you do the DRN, because you have not set up a redirect for 6 years, because nobody does
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So you can email the rectification notice tonight, finding their DPO contact email hopefully displayed on their privacy page.
    And is it too late with my lack of defence
    No, it might be more difficult then some to defend if they try, but it's worth trying.

TRACE are just debt collectors, who cannot issue claims, so you can ignore them.
    or am I best just giving them the money they want?
    I will always answer that - NO!

Even if you lost in a court claim (that this little firm might never try) you would pay LESS than the inflated sum a debt collector pretends it due. ALWAYS worth defending but you must officially confirm your correct address - include a utility bill and your V5C as ID and proof of being the correct data subject, and where you live.

No adding any appeal words to the rectification of address - that's all it is.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I thought that they had just changed with the logbook address change.
    Changing your V5C (logbook) address after the actual parking event they are pursuing you for does not update the PPC. They have only one stab at getting your address from the DVLA per ticket, they cannot have another go for that particular ticket.

If you were regularly gathering tickets at the time (before and after) of updating the DVLA, this may be the reason correspondence is being delivered to two different addresses.

You need to SAR Workman and get to the bottom of just how many tickets you are dealing with. You will need to ask them to analyse by both addresses, so you'll need to give them both (and possibly send two proofs of identity, one for each of the addresses).

You've got time to get this all in order. Because Trace is currently dealing with this (they are just debt collectors and can do nothing more than send letters), you are not at a critical stage - so use this time very wisely and productively. Get all your affairs in order, then you, with our help, can deal with it systematically and comprehensively.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• SteveClark32
    SteveClark32 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2019 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Ok I have got the email for Trace DPO, do you know if I should send ID in the current email requesting an update of details? Or should I email requesting first and send ID in a form later

"You need to SAR Workman and get to the bottom of just how many tickets you are dealing with."
    What do you mean by SAR workman?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "You need to SAR Workman and get to the bottom of just how many tickets you are dealing with."
    What do you mean by SAR workman?
    I think he means "You need to SAR Workflow dynamics...". ;)

I don't think there is much point in sending a SAR to Trace.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The whole industry is a scam, relying on threats of court, and public ignorance of the Law, A bill is currently before parliament which will regulate the scammers, many of whom are ex-clampers.

Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    I think he means "You need to SAR Workflow dynamics...". ;)

I don't think there is much point in sending a SAR to Trace.

Thanks Keith - I had Workman LLP Property Management at the back of my mind - they've been involved in the past with some parking issues.

Sorry OP, don't let that slip deflect you from what you have to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport