Personal Loan is getting lower?

Hi, i have a Barclays account for over 11 years, my credit score on Experian is 989/999, but the loan offered in a years time have gone down from 36k+ to 10k+? My yearly salary increase by 7k in that period as well and I have no debts.
Is there something i don't know about how to run my banking or is there any issues with Barclays banking ? Anyone else having same issue ?
I know i can borrow from other places...so let's not discuss this please.
P.S. I asked in branch, but got no answers...
P.S.P.S. Lloyd's bank for less earning person and lover credit score is offering 38k...

Would be thankful for all your opinions.

Comments

• maas
    maas Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Do you have regular gambling transactions on your account?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your pretend credit score doesn't give any insight as to how lenders view you.

Have you checked your three credit files recently?
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    If you need a loan frequently wouldn’t you be better saving for the items and using the interest saved for something else.

Loans and the rate does depend on circumstances mind, maybe it’s changed in recent years but some will offer more or less, just depends on their view as any customer as a risk, same with mortgages and the like
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Nervas wrote: »
    Hi, i have a Barclays account for over 11 years, my credit score on Experian is 989/999, but the loan offered in a years time have gone down from 36k+ to 10k+? My yearly salary increase by 7k in that period as well and I have no debts.
    Is there something i don't know about how to run my banking or is there any issues with Barclays banking ? Anyone else having same issue ?
    I know i can borrow from other places...so let's not discuss this please.
    P.S. I asked in branch, but got no answers...
    P.S.P.S. Lloyd's bank for less earning person and lover credit score is offering 38k...

Would be thankful for all your opinions.
    It's not clear - have you applied for a loan? -- Or are you just looking at offers within your Barclays Internet banking?
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Your credit score is a made up random number that lenders do not see. Your credit history is what lenders see, and that is what is important.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Nervas wrote: »
    , but the loan offered in a years time have gone down from 36k+ to 10k+?

How do you now what is being offered in a years time. Are you a time traveller?
  • Hi, sorry for delay on replaying...
    maas: no gambling issues or any similar issues
    zx81: how can i check them ?
    dawyldthing: it would be if it would be an option, the money i need is investment in my future not so stupid thing, like better car ...
    p.s. never had long term loan taken before so it would not be a frequent situation
    jonesMUFCforever just looking for offers
    iolanthe07 any way of checking my credit history ? i was under impression that credit score is based on credit history ?
    jimbo26 year time 01/01/2018-01/01/2019

Thanks all for replays and suggestions.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    You can check your credit history with any of the three credit agencies. They allocate a score, but only you see that - potential lenders do not see your score, only your history. Your score will vary from agency to agency, is more or less a random number, and irrelevant when it comes to applying for a loan.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    It is of course not completely just about you, they will also take into account the health of the general banking sector at the time, and their own internal benchmarking and availability of funds too.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • iolanthe07, Paul_DNAP thnks for replays, I applied for a loan offered on experian, 95% chance and 3% interest on admiral, and after I entered all details they requested copies of payslips and etc. for 12.6% interest, so looks like all those sites are just marketing tools, who tries to trick people in taking expensive loans. At the moment looks like its still best option to do money transfer from credit card, since its cheapest way to borrow as long as u won't make mistake. :)
    Anyway main question was unanswered, maybe were is no answer...how from 36k personolised offer drops to 10k....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure