Exempt car of excess value

2»

Comments

• Bit of a rubbish situation for you, granted. But think of the position you were in this time last year, with mountains of debt that you couldn't afford to pay back. You've gone bankrupt, lost all that debt, and the only thing you've got to sacrifice is the car (for a cheaper one).

You may feel hard done to, but the chances are that you're going to have to take this one on the chin.
  • Well I heard back from the OR today, unfortunately the AOR has refused my request for exceptional circumstances. They have said heir decision still remains the same, so either I get a car for £1000 or pay the difference.

I raised my concerns regarding the valuation of my car, and the OR has advised she will pass on my views to the agents, but ultimately I have deal directly with them.

As someone mentioned, it’s just one of those things I guess. Happy to be debt free overall and I guess this is something that comes with going down the bankruptcy route.

I’m waiting to hear back from the valuation agents. Does anyone have any tips on how to approach this? Im not so good at this kind of stuff, and I’ll admit the agents make me feel a little “shakey”. I don’t have anyone to advocate for me so I’m pretty much in this alone!
    Do they accept payment plans ?

Thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family