What small DFW things will you do w/c 10th September?

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    E11ie wrote: »
    I've really enjoyed hearing about all your book reading and crafting and of course seeing CLF AMAZING creation. Maybe we should add a forum for book club / craft (knit / crochet / sew etc) online club? I have no idea quite how that would work but it's great seeing pictures of what everyone's up to and trying new books isn't it?

Thank Ellie! There's a reading thread on the Old style forum

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766465

And crafts:

Sewing:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5570507

Knitting:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=718513

HTH :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 September 2018 at 8:13PM
    Options
    News:

New online tool to check if you are eligible for free NHS prescriptions in England. (Link)

Please be patient(!) they're still getting the page up and running.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Olliegami
    Options
    Hi again people!

I've been lurking for a while (again). It's a super long story, which I will save for another day. I'm starting a university course, I only owe money to a friend (as opposed to banks!). I'm appealing a refusal for PIP (on the grounds that I got on so well with the assessor I can't possibly have a mental health condition!!!!)

With only my student maintenance loan I've been working on a budget and it doesn't look so good. :(

So, here's hoping I can scrape back in a few areas. I don't think this is the right place for a SOA though!

Keep up the great work guys, and the awesome tips. =P
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning :hello: it's payday :j:j luckily my meeting in another town has been cancelled so I can work from home :D today will include:

Big budget day and getting money in all the right places
    Something from meal plan/freezer for tea
    DH has Home made soup and flapjack for lunch
    Check for surveys
    Decide what we might want to focus on this months in starting to use none plastic products
    Help a friend out tonight watching her smalls for an hour so she can do something
    Find 6 library books ready to take back, have just renewed online so have some time but it might take a while to round them up :rotfl:
    Put some more food prices in my bullet journal

Have a good day. Purps.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi September Savers,

Morning!:coffee:Work today. 2 more work days before our holiday. :(:)

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise.

* Packed lunch for work and coffee sachets.

To be continued....

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • merida88
    Options
    Morning all - thanks for the welcome :D

Successfully didn't open the purse yesterday, but today has started with £556.53 leaving it :eek:

HOWEVER, this is actually great. This is the bill for diagnostics, a repair, major service and MOT on our car - just the minor service and MOT at a branded garage cost about the same last year (that'll teach us). More importantly I have the cash in the dedicated "car savings" pot, - no dipping into overdraft or adding to the CC balance. I cannot tell you how relieved and joyful I feel :j

Today's other activities planned:
    • bike to work & home for lunch (plain ol' ham sandwich today, no leftovers from last night!)
    • take out worn bolt from mudguard fixing to see if we have a suitable replacement in the toolbox
    • gym tonight to make use of membership (normally go 3-4 times/week, this week been struck down with lurgy)
    • make no-knead bread - doing it's thing ready for supper tonight
    • check if i have suitable needles for a quick baby knit

Have a lovely Friday everyone!
  • Hi Everyone! Not long woke up from my post nightshift nap, watching GBBO then going to crack on with my list - got lots to do this weekend. Today's plans:

1. Check bank
    2. Update spending diary from last few days
    3. Sort through pile of paperwork
    4. Make sure debt spreadsheet is up to date
    5. Meal plan for the coming week
    6. Write out shopping list for tomorrow
    7. Put at least 5 things on Ebay
    8. Nip to Aldi as I forgot to take chicken out the freezer for tonight's dinner
    9. Stick to shopping list when I go to Aldi
    10. Get petrol
    11. Post everything that I have on Gumtree onto Facebook market place
    12. Package Ebay items
    13. Post Ebay items
    14. Message the car boot sale I'm hoping to go to on Sunday and make sure I can hire a table
    15. Go to bank for change for car booty
    16. Start sorting through car boot sale things and make sure the booty is the best place for them.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
    xx
    January Make £20 a day - £0/£620
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 14 September 2018 at 5:29PM
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    :wave: to everyone :grouphug: to those who need it
    Welcome to lurkers and newbies :)

Most of my day has been taken up by doing a mini makeover in our snug - we've swapped rugs/throws and cushions with my parents - so a completely new look for no cost :)
    Also made a little table using bits and pieces from the garage, its the perfect size for a silly little gap I had and really practical :) oh and no cost :D This has then meant we can cancel our planned ikea visit saving £50 on 2 new side tables and whatever we'd have spent on lunch :D
    Today's list
    :heart: Switch dss alarm clock off at the wall for the daytime done
    :heart: Go to gym after dropping the kids off to make the most of my membership. Will fill up water bottle and have a shower there. done
    :heart: Went to sainsbugs to buy a game I want for dss birthday next month, bought it now as I was able to use an £8 off a £40 MOC done
    :heart: Rm surveys done
    :heart: Triage fridge to make sure nothing goes to waste done
    :heart: Check banking/update spreadsheet done
    :heart: Hoover round everywhere done
    :heart: All meals from stores done
    :heart: Get the freezer list back up to date done
    :heart: Check surveys, I'm a close to payout on for one site.
    :heart: Continue going through my cupboards and reorganising/get rid of anything not needed to the charity shop/tip done, moved shorts out of kids wardrobes and added a couple of them to the cs bag

Take care all.

[/FONT]
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Friday Frugal People,
    Another day of keeping busy to knock a few points off the stress levels. Rubbish nights sleep too due to bizarre cramp which had me out of bed hobbling around the bedroom in the dark like an ancient crone!
    *Cleaned whole house using minimal products & washable cloths. Made up another bottle of cleaning solution by diluting some 'Basics' in a recycled spray bottle.
    *Unblocked bathroom basin again. I like the 'cleanse & polish' type of cleansers & I'm wondering if the oily residue of these builds up in the drainage pipes. Anyway, hot water & the sink plunger improved matters.
    *Baked a granary loaf.
    *Picked more courgettes, cherry tomatoes & french beans.
    *Checked sweetcorn. Not quite ripe still, so will leave for another week, esp as it's supposed to be quite sunny on & off next week.
    *Did a Prolific Academic survey - up to over £6 again, which isn't bad seeing as I'd had a break from them. I much prefer their new website to the previous version.
    *Knitted more of the Christmas gift I'm working on.
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water. I really would like to revisit all my little energy-saving ways to check they are still in place & not falling by the wayside.
    *Set washer on timer for a half-price overnight load.
    That's all for today. Hospital visiting again tomorrow so must remember to get a packed lunch made & maybe a flask.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Where has this week gone? It is flying by.

Today has mainly been spent taking the children to sports training in a local city, which involves us being out of the house for 5 hours, for them each to receive an hours tuition and hours supervised practice, as their tuition is at different times. As of next week, we are transferring their training to the town in which we live & they will receive tuition at the same time, we will save masses of time a week as well as fuel :)

We have also managed to do some lessons.

Today's achievements:
    PAD
    RM survey
    Started renovating an old table we own, if it turns out well we will use this instead of our dining table
    Home educated the children
    Renewed library loans
    Freeze bananas for that are very soft for smoothies etc
    Update freezer inventory
    Only planned spending
    Make bread
    B/L/D from stores
    Stick to meal plan
    Soak porridge overnight
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One